What are you grateful for today,

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Doznclan3, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

either something that has happened today, or something in general. Anyone..please, I love to hear of gratitude in the things of our lives, of things of this earth.
    Today...we went to my mother in laws assistant living home, where we spot lighted her for her birthday, which will be next Fri. Family from all of her children, and grandchildren and great granchildren, all surprised her today. I'm so grateful for having had the opportunity to have met this lady. I was not a huggy touchy person until I met her. My mother just didn't do that. My husband is, and after having met her, I knew why! She is a very good woman. I got to hold our special baby boy that has the finger problems. He is beautiful.
    Also today, it rained! It poured! All sorts of colors of cats and dogs. :) We need all the rain we can get in this desert, so, thankful for the moisture we recieved this day.
    Come on in, please share...
    Love, Cynthia
  2. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

hi cynthia, nice thread---

today i am grateful for --

my dog
    my brother
    the pool
    the beach and sunset
    the birds
    the thai food
    the funny clip on youtube that made me laugh out loud _ it was foxes jumping on a trampoline in someones backyard!!! cute adorable and so funny- check it out

see ya
    bigmama2

3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Today our temperature popped up from the 60's to almost 90! Everything blossomed. Tree buds unfurled into tiny leaves, everything changed into rich sweet greens, and pastel colors. The air was like ambrosia. It was astonishing to see so much change in one day.

And I love being happily astonished!

I am also thankful for my husband - it was cozy doing some spring cleaning together.

And I am so blessed by my wonderful friends.

Bigmama - I was thinking of you as I wrote this - it's a gift how much you love nature, and share it.

And Cynthia - sending love to your precious little Grandson. How old is he now?
  4. Lulu28

Lulu28 New Member

I am grateful that my oldest son (age 24) is going to church with us now! And loving it. Until recently, he called himself an atheist.

I am grateful that I can sit right here and look out the window at the ocean and the mountains.

Grateful for my husband and other two children, and for my church family.

For everything in my life--even the struggles.

5. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

My best friend who has been there for me many times
    My cats who are blessings from God
    The good eye surgeon I have
    That today is a non-migraine day
    That it is sunny and bright and the temperature is mild
    That the times of extreme medical problems in this home were resolved
    That the birds were out singing their music today and every day (the other day instead of them doing "Fiddler on the Roof", it was "Finch on the Stair")

6. soulight

soulight New Member

Today , I am so grateful for pain meds , as I am about an 8 on the scale. This for me is still moving , but I don't want to because it hurts to move. Actually it hurts to not move too : )

Other things :

Spring
    My daughter
    Pillows
    God's creatures of all kinds
    People I can talk to and learn from
    All the different rainbow of colors and peoples' of the world
    Art
    TV that isn't trash TV ( for me this is mostly History Channel , PBS , Travel Channel , and the other "extra" channels , but , I confess , I get hooked to the channels that show criminal cases in real life}
    Books
    Music
    This thread to make me think of something other than feeling sorry for myself

Holly
  7. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I woke up to the sound of a dove. They introduced a certain type of dove here in Utah a couple of years ago. It is a larger dove than you normally think of when you see a dove in your mind. But, still that beautiful sound. They actually stay through the winter instead of leaving as do the smaller ones. Then, I heard my canary singing. Then the sound of my husbands voice. Then my son's. I am very grateful for being able to not only see the beautiful things around me, but to also be able to hear the sounds of family, and nature.
    Windblade, my grandson is now 1 month old! Where does the time go? He has so much hair, everyone is always petting on him. Still young enough to sleep through all of the noise.
    So much gratitude here! Thank you all so much for sharing. Keep it coming.
    Snow today! Glad I didn't plant those tomatoes I was tempted to plant last Thursday.
    Love, Cynthia
  8. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

I woke up with a heavy heart but it was lifted and I am thankful.
    Much gratitude for my refills, lol...pain has eased up and I should be able to sleep tonight! Yay!
    For dear dear friends, new and old...they are my heart!
    My kids came home safely and in a good mood.
    My nice lawyer who I will see in the morning.
    The wonderful weather (no snow here, lots of sunshine and had to run the a/c!).
    I watched an amazing video that an old teacher sent me...I posted the link on chitchat if you want to instantly get put in a good mood, watch it!!!

Good night.
    SJ
  9. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am grateful for:

My Family...husband, daughters, grandchildren, mother, father, brother and SIL and my nephews.

For a roof over my head and food in the fridge.

All on friends on this board.

For my doctor, Dr. Jones.

For my local support group.

For life.

For God.

Blessings to all!
    Deb
  10. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I am grateful for friends, seen and unseen. Have been thinking of Vivian today, and how she felt comfortable coming to friends on this board..so, very grateful for loving and giving friends.
    Cynthia
  11. springwater

springwater Active Member

happy memories of childhood among all the sad ones

my husband

nature, brooks, mountains, thunderstorms, sunsets, sunrises

my kids

dogs, cats, squirrels, koalas

the ability to read and write...i love reading

for song and dance

for satellite telly so i know and see all the wonders of the world even if i cant afford to go

obviously for having enough food, shelter, clothes and then some more

for all of you guys on the boards, nice thread Cynthia

God Bless