What are you Thankful for today?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I'm sitting at work having a pretty good day. Not too many people have come in so it's been relaxing and I have a chance to get on here more then usual. I'm thankful for this job, and my employers.

I'm thankful that it's the weekend and I don't have to work again until monday afternoon at 4:30. I'm not too tired. A little nap after work and perhaps I'll get to do something fun tonight.

I"m thankful that I have this place to come to and read your thoughts, and post mine on the good bad and ugly days.

I'm thankful that it's winter here in georgia, yet it's a gorgeous day today!

I really am thankful that I'm alive and have the chance today to experience life though, some days I would refute that sentiment :(

Blessings to you all.
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

for.....SO MANY THINGS!!!

No matter how bad I feel...I thank God for my blessings.

1. My husband is alive and well...and able to work....since I can't (and tolerating me).
    2. My four sons and families are safe.

(I really count my blessings here...as I have almost lost my sons to so many acts of their own destruction in past)...God was MERCIFUL!

3. A home...(to find some rest in)
    4. Food on the table ... and most of the bills paid!
    4. Strength from God to get through each day!
    5. Friends like all of you!!!

I AM BLESSED!!

MamaR
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

For a loving family, being free from debt, having a warm home, my pets and for starting to feel a little better. I am thankful to be living in a democracy which women have rights in and we lack snow in UPstate New York! For friends here.

Love Anne
  4. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

It's so good to hear what makes your worlds beautiful. Let's keep the positive vibes going!

I'm about to be going home so probably won't be back on this site till middle of next week.

Have a great weekend everyone :D
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I am home...it is warm and secure.

My husband is wonderful.

I have a great cat named Felix.

I can talk to you on this board.

God loves me always.

Sue
  6. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I am so very thankful that I have been able to really clean up this desk that I sit at every day on the computer. It was truly so grosse but I never had the energy or flexibility to do it.

My husband will be in shock(thats if he notices) but it sure makes me feel better. I wont even tell you the dates on some of the unnecessary papers that I threw out.LOL!!

Simple blessings :) Lindsey
  7. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Lol. I must say, I seem to accumulate alot of papers too. I hate it. I did a lot of house cleaning this weekend, boy it needed it. Now I can't get the endless papers I need to go through off my mind :(

I'm still thankful for my many blessings though, and I guess papers would be included in that list.. I will also be thankful when we are a paperless society!

8. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Today I had a very good day, absolutetly no pain and my muscles don't feel "rubbery" and weak for a change.

We had a bad snowstorm and I was thankful that I could watch it from inside and not have to travel in it. It was actually quite beautiful.

I'm thankful for all the wonderful stories and helpful ideas on this board.

Now maybe tomorrow, I'll get to MY mountain of paper.

Sue in Ontario
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

to call me or post me and ask about me...i a goig thru a rough patch right now...it means so much to have people that take the time to ask and support me when i am down...

i am thank i have this site to come to for support.

am thankful for the psychogist and group meetings i can attend for support..

i am thankful for my son and his understanding i am in a sad mood today...

i am thankful he tries hard in school or take my advice and give it his all..

i am tthankful that my son is a natural athlete and he enjoys his sports he likes to be on...

i am thankful for i do not push him to be on all sports and give him the consideration he does not like it...

i am thankful i do not live my childhood through my son...

most of all right now i am thankful my oven is working and i can bake a strawberry cake to keep my mind preoccupied right now...

thankful you all take the time to care and read...

jodie
  10. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Having my job & praying that I can continue it full time

My husband & that he has a good job

My dog

My friends

To have a place to live, food, heat & to be able to do laundry and have my own space to do things
  11. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

1. God's Grace, Love, Mercy!
    2. A husband that loves me!
    3. That he has a good job!
    4. That I have a good job, and can work at home!
    5. My three handsome son's, and beautiful DIL!
    6. My two beautiful grandchildren!
    7. My friends!
    8. My church family!
    9. My sweet inlaws!
    10. My therapist, she has got me through my horrible past, by God's good grace!
    11. My beautiful home!
    12. My sweet sister.
    13. My BF Patricia of 25 years, that has stood by me!
    14. My housekeeper/friend, I couldn't make it without her!
    15. This board, and all of you sweet cyber friends, here!
    16. That I feel allright most days!
    17. That I can still get up and walk, although slow, on my bad days!
    18. That I live in the USA!
    19. That I live in the country, peaceful, quiet, and fresh air!
    20. That I may be getting another grandchild, if all goes well at the Houston Fertility Clinic ! (praying)
  12. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I give praise to my Father everyday for His goodness!

I'm also thankful for my family and that my parents are both still with all of us at ages 85 and going on 86!

I'm thankful for the love of my family and for the wonderful supportive husband I have!

I'm thankful for this Board where I can come and not feel so lonely in this DD!

I'm thankful as well for the experiences I have, good and bad. To know pain and sorrow so I can appreciate joy, to know tears so I can appreciate laughter.

May God bless each and every one of you!!!

Love, Jeannette
  13. jaymelynn

jaymelynn New Member

my 3 beautiful, healthy and talented daughters. they are the only thing that keeps me going.
  14. sdown

sdown New Member

Im a grateful I didn't need surgery for my nasal polyps last year. The polyps disappeared thanks to a glutathione nasal spray. Im grateful Im still alive as my 12 year old son needs his mother. Im grateful my husband is working as I cannot. Im grateful for my friends Fiona and Fareha that stick by me despite my illness. Im grateful for my house, my garden and the food that I receive everyday.
  15. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

For my husband and family.
    For all the things that really matter in life.
    For God taking care of me.
  16. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

For my husband and family.
    For all the things that really matter in life.
    For God taking care of me.
  17. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

So I must say again I'm thankful for it. I went to work at one job this morning and am now at my second job. I'm thankful that I have energy to keep going like this right now. I'm kinda tired but at least I'm here and glad someone thinks I'm employable :)

I'm thankful to be able to come and read about the things you are all thankful for and rejoice with you all.

I'm also thankful for my warm bed that I"m goign to melt in tonight. Tuesdays are my rough days.

Bless you all!
  18. CarolK

CarolK New Member

GODS LOVE AND GRACE AND MERCY UPON MY LIFE!

GODS FAITHFULNESS TO ME EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE!

THAT HE WILL NEVER LEAVE ME OR FORSAKE ME!

I AM THANKFUL FOR EVERY AWESOME BLESSING IN MY LIFE... FROM MY HUSBAND TO MY FOUR CHILDREN. ALSO FOR ALL MY BEAUTIFUL GRANDCHILDREN!

I AM THANKFUL THAT ON MY WORST DAYS, AND IN THE DARKEST PITS OF LIFE... HE IS ALWAYS THERE BY MY SIDE! AND THAT HE ASSURES ME THAT VICTORY IS ALWAYS MINE THROUGH HIM.. EVEN WHEN I DO NOT SEE OR UNDERSTAND.

I AM THANKFUL FOR THIS BOARD AND EVERYONE ON IT... FOR YOU HAVE ALL BLESSED ME INDEED!

MOST OF ALL, I AM THANKFUL THAT WHEN IT IS TIME FOR ME TO LEAVE THIS PLANET.... I HAVE A HOME IN HEAVEN FOR ETERNITY!

THANKFULLY, CAROLK
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2006]
  19. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

. . . for my little cottage. I'm so grateful that I have a roof over my head.

I'm also grateful for my new assistance dog, Elsa. I'm training her, little by little, and she is so sweet and intuitive that I'm constantly amazed.

Thank you, also, for this thread.
    Terry
  20. CarolK

CarolK New Member

BUMPING FOR OTHERS TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE WHAT THEY ARE THANKFUL FOR! CAROLK