What are you thankful for.....................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wle, Aug 12, 2003.

1. wle

wle New Member

I have read alot of sad posts today. Everyone hurting......
    I started several months ago listing at least one thing I am thankful for every day. Some days it is the same thing as I am blessed to have a wonderful, caring husband and he is what I am always most thankful for. But today I am also going to be thankful that I didn't break the mower last night. I thought I had but didn't. So I am thankful for that and for the fact that I will be able to finish mowing the lawn when I get off work tonight. I love to mow as I can sit there and ride around the lawn - love being outdoors and so much of the outdoor chores just "kill" me.
    So what are you thankful for today........................
    There must be something you are thankful for..............
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

After a night of not sleeping well and muscles that felt as if they were contracting all night, I needed this question!

I am thankful today, that my Mom, my 21 y/o daughter and I have the chance to spend the day together. Dad died two months ago and we are all grieving, so I am VERY thankful, to be able to spend the day with my two favorite women!

Thanks for making me think!

Hugs,

Kim
  3. achy

achy New Member

I am thankful that i do not hurt any more than i do...LOL
    I am thankful for this site...it is my salvation
    I am thankful for being blessed wiht a fantastic hubby

I have always loved mowing too...very good therapy. Unfortunately I can't do it very often anymore..but when i can I enjoy every moinute!!

Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  4. Lana56

Lana56 New Member

After just writing a post about how bad I am feeling,I needed this question at this moment.Ok,I do have things to be thankful about.I am thankful to have my computer friends and my friends in a pain group I am in.So many have been so good to me.If that is enough for today,I will think about it again tomorrow. Thankyou,Lana56
  5. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

I am thankful for people like you who ask a question like that to make us think and realize how lucky we are that we can even get to a computer and converse with others. It is a terrible disease, but it could be worse. I too am thankful for my 3 beautiful children and a wonderful husband of 26 years. And most of all to people like you who care.
    God Bless
    tlc8858
    [This Message was Edited on 08/12/2003]
  6. jyl

jyl Member

I was just thinking that I'm so sick of hurting and that I'm very unhappy at my job and you have reminded me to think about the positive.

I have so much to be thankful for, it could be a lot worse. I'm most thankful for my understanding husband,a very supportive family, and my furry children (2 cats).

jyl
  7. wle

wle New Member

....that have brightened my day. Since watching a Dr. Phil program a year or so ago I try every day to think of something I am thankful for. Some days I am thankful for more than other days.............but I can always come up with something. Today is not one of my better days. I have the foggy feeling in my head today and while I am not aching all over like I do some days my feet are cramping and burning - which is something new for me. Hugs to all who have ans this post! WLE
  8. tedebear

tedebear New Member

1. Thankful God put me on this earth allowing me to grow, share, love, learn, family, friends and giving me the opportunity to live life to the fullest(even if confined).

2. Thankful for people like you who remind us what we are thankful for.

SOFT TEDDY HUGS EVERYONE!!!!!!!
  9. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

Wle,

Great question, get the old ticker thinking and distracts us from our pain, momentaraly.

I have the best husband a girl could ask for. He supports my in all avenues in my life.

My best friends give me so much love no matter how sick I am they are always by my side prurring away my pain (8 cats)

My Mom is my role model, if I could some day be as strong as her, then I know it will be my turn to help her out in her later years. She is truly my kindrid spirit.

Rachel
  10. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

My wonderful and loving husband, my job, health, wonderful family and supportive boss!
  11. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Had a bad night also. Started my period and had intense pain in hips and legs. Couldn't sit, lay or walk. Up and down until I fell to sleep in exhaustion.

Thankful for making it through the night. Thankful that I walked to the store earlier, no choice, without a car today. Thankful I can still do some cleaning and cooking. Thankful for my sons. Thankful for my puppy Jack. Thankful for having the Lord in my life. Otherwise, I don't think I would've made it through last night.