What are your brain/neuro symptoms??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kikdoc, May 4, 2005.

1. kikdoc

kikdoc New Member

My most bothersome (which are almost always associated with flare) are an occasional sensation like I'm falling, even if I'm seated or laying in bed. Sometimes I feel like there's a buzzing or humming sensation in my brain, which is REALLY a bother. I have problems with balance, and headaches. And then of course there is the ever-present brain fog. Anyone else have problems like these? Thanks!
  2. kikdoc

kikdoc New Member

....for your reply.
  3. darude

darude New Member

The same thing plus difficulty walking. Having a brain adn spine MRI on Monday will let you know.
  4. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

when i turn on a faucet or heat and ac controls in the car i can't recall that red means hot and blue means cold. a few days ago i ran bath water and couldn't figure out why it kept getting hotter when i hat the controls set to cold. i put my hand in the water coming from the spigot and burned my hand. duh! when it is turned to red, it indicates hot water. i did the same in our car. this is frightening.
  5. kikdoc

kikdoc New Member

Jen102, I can completely understand what you are saying. The other day, out of the blue, I forgot how to log onto my computer at work. SOOO embarrassing to have to call IT and have them come show me how to do something that I have done every single day for 7 years. Also recently I was driving somewhere I had been a dozen times before and got completely lost driving down a road I supposedly know well. I drove back and forth for an hour crying trying to figure out where this place was. Very frustrating!
  6. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

is the one that I find most bothersome. I have actually stood staring at my phone trying to figure out how to use it! I knew the buttons were there for a reason, but couldn't remember what.
  7. BethM

BethM New Member

oh, yeah. It's scary when people talk to me and I just cannot understand what they are saying. It's like I can't process the context of the words. This happens if I get too tired and don't pay attention to my body and brain and give them what they need. Nodding and smiling usually works until I can get away and rest. At that stage I can't comprehend what I read, either. And don't even try to give me directions somewhere!

Ever been driving and suddenly have the whole driving experience feel very unreal? Like how in the world can anyone control a car like this? That one I try to shake off very quickly.

My symptoms are mostly cognitive, and happen when I'm overly tired or flaring badly. It's embarrassing!

8. hopeforcure

hopeforcure New Member

Yes I have that too. Been going for 4 months. Any ideas of what it is?
  9. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I can relate to most of the symptoms mentioned here, although this is the first time I've heard of someone else with the falling while sitting sensation...it's really disconcerting and has happened while driving - scary

also I have been having a real hard time with names lately...I used to have trouble with names if I hadn't seen the person in awhile, but now it is happening with people I see at least once a week and have known for years

lots of other memory blanks, too....like my brain just shuts off entirely for a little while...and word retrieval can be really bad for me....conversations when I am really tired are really odd - I wind up describing words and using similar words and sometimes word associations....can get frustrating, but can actually be funny, at times, too

have had odd sensations that I'm not quite sure how to explain, too....like I was swimming the other day and felt like I was going in slow motion, except I was going at the same pace I usually do...and sometimes I feel like that doing other activities...it's like my sense of motion and what my body is actually doing don't match