what are your hobbies?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrofirend44, Jan 4, 2006.

1. fibrofirend44

fibrofirend44 New Member

I was just wondering what kind of hobbies everyone has...

I love gardening, and recently started growing orchids since a friend gave me a few cuttings. My husband got me an orchid for my birthday, and so on. I also love roses...walking outside in my small garden makes my day.

what is your special hobby?

your fibrofriend...aq
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I like to crochet..
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I like to crochet..
  4. MsE

MsE New Member

I belong to a writing group and a reading group. I haven't been able to do much else for the past few months, but don't let me get started on the "good old days" or I'll sit right down and weep!
  5. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I scrapbook. Takes little out of me physically and I love having the memories captured for my little girls.(The Lord knows that I will never remember if I don't write it all down!)

I also like to read when I can concentrate.

Dani
  6. tejanya

tejanya New Member

i walk on a back roads in this small town. i read quite a bit also. another hobby is the requirements of grqandparenting. we have animals and wild ones that drop by for food. like a bald eagle on its path north or south. there are several things i used to do that now causes my hand to ache, but that just means i have to go slower and not do so much at once.
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

Genealogy, and....hmmm, MORE genealogy!
  8. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Reading
    Scrapbooking
    Cooking
    Gardening
    Collecting things
    Flower arrangements/ bouquets
    Decorating
    :) Karen
  9. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

Cooking is one of my favorite things to do... especially with my kiddos. I read when I get the chance, with my three year old its hard.. I do enjoy playing doll house with her. My son and I enjoy gardening together (he's 10}
    I really enjoy planting more and more flowers in the spring.
    My absolute favorite things is to just be a mommy to my children and my fur babies.
  10. Banka8

Banka8 New Member

My hobby is following the path to good health and total recovery. Really! I am very focused on doing the Marshall Protocol. I am making progress everyday and it has given me hope for the future and I am thinking about what I am going to do when I get well. I was watching ice skating the other day on TV. I always wanted to learn how to skate so that is one of the things I plan on doing. I'd also like to join the local theater group. The list goes on.

Take care everyone. Good health to all in 2006.

Judy
  11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I just checked your profile. The picture of you and your roses is just beautiful. Here are my hobbies:

stamp collecting, gardening (flowers and vegetables), reading, walking, travel (when I'm able to). I also love to swim, but don't have access to a pool too often.

Ellen
  12. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Wonderful roses. I love to sew anything I can.
    Dee50
  13. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I first read your post and thought you were talking about grandparenting and that you had a few wild animals and others as your grandchildren. Gave me a few laughs because I could relate but I gues I read it wrong. I hate when I do that!

Oh by the way my hobbies are reading - when I can get the words right!!

Or maybe you are quick to think and you have a bald eagle in your family. I think my husband might qualify except he doesn't go north and south[This Message was Edited on 01/05/2006]
  14. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I love to cook, sing, read & write. This DD has made it much harder to enjoy these things, but I still do when I have the time & energy.

Fun thread!

Leanne
  15. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I have over a thousand cookbooks. I read them like other people read novels.

In the summer I love to garden and in the winter, when my body allows it, I like to go cross country skiing.