What are Your Neurological Symptoms is Any?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Mar 4, 2006.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Guys-

It's been a while since I have posted. Life is just tough as many of you know. I was wondering what your neurological symptoms are if any.

Mine are memory loss, crying outbursts (where I cry frequently vey hard as if I had lost somebody who died), feeling oversensitive, not being able to write as well as before, speaking funny at times or not being able to say the right word as if I am nervous but I'm not, and lack of coordination and no longer being organized (such as doing the bills late,etc..). I guess that about somes it up.

How about you?
  2. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Please respond unless you do not have any Neurological symptoms to contribute.
  3. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I have recurrent bout of forgetting words..especially how to spell them. Recently I used "amount" instead of "about" even though I know in my head what I wanted to spell.
    Also have these episodes of extreme clumsiness.
    You are not alone. Take care.
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I move from room to room constantly and can't remember what I am doing. I can't find things and get frantic when I can't. I have problems with spelling and after I read what I type at times it makes no sense(wrong words). At times, I word search and can't remember what I am talking about. I can't concentrate. I can't read a book only the computer and short magazine articles. I have cognitive problems so I have trouble trying to fix the most simple things to eat. I even forget what I have posted on this board. I could go on and on but I would probably just start crying. I was a banker for 32 years and all I ever knew to do to survive was my brain. I just don't know where it went. I understand but I don't know how to help. Maybe it will help to know you are not alone.
  5. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I have always had a stellar memory. Lately I'm losing things. Forgetting to do's, etc. I guess disorganized would fit.

Can't find words. Like you described. It could be hat or dishwasher but I can't come up with it. OR forget what I'm saying mid-sentance, or where I'm going, or why I'm there.

Emotional - anxiety, depression, anger.

Very brittle (agitated) - any noise bothers me, fabrics irritate me, lights hurt, etc. Like the princess and the pea.

There's more but I forget...

Sofi

6. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Amazing,...... as I was reading the responses, some of them could be me. I find the symptoms so bizaar at times I do get wigged out.
  7. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I have had neuro symptoms from the get go. My Cfs kicked in hard core after having meningitis and encephalitis. so my symptoms are. Tremors, migraines, cluster head aches, neuropathy like pain (electricuting), decreased ability to deal with stress, body seems to be in a constant fight or flight mode, dilated pupils all the time, sight problems, I see trails alot and am very sensetive to light or flashing light, nausea that comes from my brain, memory loss, short term and long term, Dysnomia (difficulty with remembering words and names), spelling, adding subtracting all math. directions, I can't remember new numbers.Difficulty with concentration. Racing thoughts. I know there are more than this but like I said I can't remember!!
    Love, Joy
  8. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

My most prominent symptoms have always been neurological ones, and unrelenting fatigue.

I got these from a list previously posted, then added some:

Becoming lost in familiar locations when driving

Unable to drive now, very slow reflex time, and overstimulation from the driving process; Feeling too disoriented to drive

Difficulty with simple calculations (e.g., balancing checkbook)

Difficulty expressing ideas in words

Difficulty making decisions

Difficulty following directions

Difficulty remembering names of objects

Difficulty remembering names of people

Difficulty following simple written instructions

Difficulty following complicated written instructions

Difficulty following simple oral (spoken) instructions

Difficulty following complicated oral (spoken) instructions

Difficulty integrating information (putting ideas together to form a complete picture or concept)

Trouble with analytical thinking

Difficulty paying attention

Difficulty following a conversation when background noise is present

Difficulty making and/or retrieving memories (long/short-term memory deficits)

Difficulty understanding what you read

Easily distracted during a task

Forgetting how to do routine things

Forgetting how to get to familiar places

Impaired ability to concentrate

Losing your train of thought in the middle of a sentence
    Losing track in the middle of a task (remembering what to do next)

Poor judgment

Slowed speech, stammering

Word-finding difficulty

Using the wrong word

Easily overstimulated

Vision problems: light sensitivity, floaters, eyes "hurt"

Disorganized

Cannot complete tasks

Emotional

Irritable

Fearful

Anxious

Depression
  9. sula

sula New Member

I am new here......So many of these symptoms that you gals are listing I have had for sometime....I thought I had the worse case of menopause of anyone as all these memory problems, dry eyes, depression are all indicative of meno also. Been to s many doctors..not going to any more. All my tests indicate that I am a very healthy individual. But my symptoms have only gotten worse and I have pain attacks. There is the everyday pain, then there are attacks...man on man....even the skin hurts and they last for 24 hrs...then they are gone....leaves me weak and tired then I may have a few good days and here we go again.

Anybody had any electrial shocks???? I mean like resting in bed almost asleep and POW...it's like you just got plugged into a wall socket????? Now those get your attention!!! Also, my feet burn on the bottom and between the toes...and my hands burn also, my mouth and tongue burn......had a couple of docs mention fibro but I just ignored them...but the way things are going, I don't think this is meno...oh it aggrivates everything but this has to be fibro....
  10. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

Im going to try and write them...

can't remember stuff,
    set a kitchen timer to get food out of the oven and when it went off couldn't remember what it was set for.( food burnt)
    I get lost easily (lived in this town 10 years)
    forget I was suppose to stop someplace.
    get overwhelmed with loud noises( can't handle all the kids in the same room)
    got a medicine container so I could remember to take meds..Husband noticed I took pm's instead of am's meds!!
    constant headache.
    lights bother me.
    can't drive at night..
    steps are hard to do
    mix up words
    forget people, places ,things.
    I cant multi task like I use to be able to do.
    forget I said something and repeat myself.
    Thats some of them ,right now I cant think straight.
    Cindy

11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

So relieved you posted. I have been looking for you and posting as I was really worried as you had your wreck then nada, so I was really concerned.

Like you, I find I constantly type the wrong letter on words and do not notice, or miss letters off. Do it all the time.

The other is the dizzy thing but guess what that seems to be almost gone whoopee.

Are you done with your IV treatment now? Also did you get that house sale you were after on your listing?

Write, Missed you, sorry you are still low.
    Love Anne C
  12. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Here are some I can remember at the moment...

If I start to ask a question...I get mid sentence and forget.

I can walk into another room to get something and forget what I was going after.

I am definitely over sensitive.

Sometimes I find myself having trouble getting my words out.

Chronic Headaches everyday.

Lindy

13. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I have those electrical shocks when I am sitting in my recliner watching TV and fall to sleep, the WOW.....I have even had some tea in my hand and slung ALL of the tea out of the cup. They are awful buy haven't mentioned them to Dr. Have enough problems as it is and of course, the rest like walking into a room and just stand there and look around like, DUH.....why did I come in here????? You're NOT alone but hope this helps.

BlueSky555
  14. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Thanks to all who responded. I knew I couldn't be the only one!!
  15. FMhurts

FMhurts New Member

Hopeful4 sounds like you got what I got for sure..
    all the above.. what a shame I was hopeing know one else felt like me.I just kinda thought I was a freak/
    Guess Fibro has no respect of persons..
  16. ephemera

ephemera New Member

ditto ditto ditto

i'm not asking for a miracle or even a be all & end all cure, I just want to get back to my old self that I was in 1999. it sucks. life sure turns decisively on a dime.

phooey

(i write this as my hold lower back, hips, buttocks & right arm & shoulder are all numb)
  17. chopindog

chopindog New Member

Yes I also get the shocks. And yes they seem to happen more when I am in bed. Although I still get bad ones that go down my back, arms and legs when I am moving around. I hate them because you never know when they are going to hit!

I also get the bad Burning feet when I lay down. and my feet lower legs and arms sometimes turn so purple, they almost look black. Not a very attractive look!

Joy
  18. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

When I was 26 I came down with symptoms of a generalized stroke. Loss of sensation in most of my ski (I could slap myself and not feel it). Drunken type feeling, seeing stars, coordination, memory, concentration secondary to the drunken type feeling, fatigue, weakness.

Those symptoms improved about only halfway in the following months. I still have some fatigue, weakness, seeing stars and my skin is numb enough (head to toe) that I can barely feel scratching or sunburn.
  19. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

You sound exactly like me and most fibromites. " Brain Fog" is what you are experiencing. These are just a few of things that happen to us. One time I was cooking with my sis & I went into the frig to get milk & said to my sis,

" here's the carrot". LOL..I had no idea where that came from. I guess this is a neurological thing, but I just never thought of it like that. Anyway..you can relax. It is normal.

PIRT

20. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

After I posted to this site, I came back to check to see what others had to say. I can't believe that I had forgotten all of the things that you guys listed should have been on my list also. The little jolts and movements of legs and arms and the little shocks in the brain are scary. Do any of you that have these problems take medication for Restless Legs? When I started Mirapex & was increasing the doseage, my limbs would jump several inches(up to a foot). I had to stay at the minimum dose. I thought that the meds were causing the movements and feelings of numbness. Do you guys drop things??? I just had a nerve conduction test & muscle test & of course I tested fine. I order items over the Internet & don't remember doing it. Because I am mostly housebound, I order online in lieu of going to Walmart. One day the UPS guy kept getting more & more packages out of his truck. I had no idea what was happening & my husband was not looking to happy. We preceded to open the 12 boxes and each was contained 12 roll packs of toilet tisssue. It could have been worse at least we can store it.

May God Bless & take care of us because we certainly need someone too.