What are your sleep patterns like?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Aug 15, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Just curious here what everyone's sleep patterns are like? I sleep good one night and maybe the next, but then I don't sleep good for a night or two.

I currently take ambien, and have for about 5 yrs. I think I have built up am immunity against it. I've tried lunesta and ambien cr, but no luck with either. Does anyone here sleep sound most every night or are your sleep patterns all screwed up?

Kriket
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

Mine are a lot like you described. I usually don't get to sleep till about 4:00am and I AM NOT a morn. person at all.

I have tried to go to bed early, but I get tired of lying in bed with my eyes wide open, not feeling sleepy. I can be exhausted, but I can't sleep very well, even with sleep meds. I don't know what makes my body finally decide to sleep. I feel terrible if I don't sleep.

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 08/15/2006]
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I stay up until I'm exhausted because it hurts to lay down. Then sleep about 6 - 6 1/2 hrs.

Now at 54 I sometimes have to go potty around 4 am. I'm going to see a surgeon later this month because my bladder has apparently fallen down.

Still haven't gotten in the habit of taking sleeping pills regularly. When I told my doc I was afraid of not waking up for work he said sleeping pills are just in your system long enough to get you to sleep - that's why they came up with Ambien CR (controlled release)!

Every once in a while I'm up til 4 or 5 - it's awful when that happens.

Sweet dreams everyone,
    Susan
  4. lauca49

lauca49 New Member

I have taken lunesta, ambien cr and i try this new one zoremen backsfire on me i couldn't sleep all night and plus a big headaches, I when back to the all ambien 10mg it helps sometimes better than nothing, if i take the ambien would help me but sometimes doesn'ti would love to stop but when in bed i just lay there and thinking about everything and my mind always working, is anybody has that problem I have been having this problem since i got sick back on 1990, if anybody have any succestion please give me as advice.
    Thank you so much for all your time
    Ana
  5. cczub

cczub New Member

I can fall asleep very easily.... I am usually asleep by 10pm but don't stay asleep for long. Without any sleep meds I get on average an hour and a half of sleep before I wake up. I can fall back to sleep quickly but am back up in another hour or so.

I've tried Lunesta up to 3mg while being on Lexapro and Xanax with no help. I just recently tried Ambien CR with no results. I just started Trazodone 25mg last night which my new docotor put me on. He's now treating me for my FM... Hopefully this will start to help get me into a stage 4 sleep.

You're not alone, sleep issues seem to be a BIG problem with this DD.
  6. suesue49

suesue49 New Member

a big problem with sleeping when I was first diagnosed. I couldn't sleep without horrible dreams and waking all the time. Dr put me on Pamalar(anti-depressant)before bed and it works great for me.
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Every night, when his head hits the pillow, he's out for a good 11 hours. When he wakes up, his brain fog and sensory overload are such that he can't talk or hear for about half an hour. Then he's himself again, usually after his morning shower. He had a sleep study in March, and the doc said his sleep was pretty normal, in pattern and duration, but he woke up much sooner than he ever does at home. Must have been all of those wires. So we didn't gain much from the study. All he could tell us was to try a SAD light, which we will soon. The sun will be less soon, so we need to get one.
  8. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I fall asleep easily, but wake up about 2 a.m. and can't fall asleep again for hours -- about the time the alarm would go off when I was working. This has been a pattern for years, and have found very little to help. I feel constantly sleep deprived.
  9. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

I used to be one of those people who could fall asleep in a tree and sleep through anything. (I literally slept through a shootout in our neighborhood when I was younger.)

Now, it's trouble going to sleep, trouble staying asleep, never feel rested, yada yada, despite taking meds. Apparently not uncommon for FMS. Things that get in the way of sleeping are pain, bladder, breathing, and a cat who can't decide whether to massage tender or trigger points in the middle of the night.

For about a week, I have been nodding off quicker than usual, but waking up very early (for me), and still not feeling like I got my nap out.

During the week, I cannot stay in bed once my brain starts thinking. If I lie there, I focus too much on the pain I'm in, and sometimes that brings on an emotional response. So I have to get up and get moving around.
    On the weekend, sometimes I linger in bed awhile. I think it's easier to do that on weekends because I'm not alone. I live with someone who is keen on pampering and very talkative. ;~)

10. jenn5

jenn5 New Member

My sleep patterns are constantly changing. They push forward an average of an hour a day, so my bedtime is never the same.

I have tried getting up at the same time every day no matter what, believe me, but it hasn't worked. When the pattern has me awake the entire night, it is quite lonely.

It seems an impossible problem to me. I can only hope that it will improve with time.

Jenn