What are YOUR superpowers????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Juloo, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Juloo

Juloo Member

I have discovered that I have some superpowers.

The first is that I can see dirt and clutter that others cannot. I'm not sure if it is ALL others that cannot see it, only the male species, or just my husband and son. But I am quite sure it is invisible to them.

Another superpower is that I have a 'mom hand'. MY mom-hand is my left hand, and I can activate the beginning of my powers by clamping it around the neck of my son. Again, I don't know if this works with everyone, but I'm quite content to have a single-recipient power. Sometimes the mom-hand works by itself. For turbo power, I use my other hand and point. BY THIS METHOD, I can make the invisible dirt and clutter appear to him.

Unfortunately, it doesn't last long and needs to be applied often. If I stand still and breathe heavily, sometimes the dirt and clutter will even be picked up by said son.

That's my superpower. What's yours?

P.S. If I had another, it might be matching people to the book they should be reading.

2. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

3. kjade

kjade New Member

This is a very funny thread!

I must say that I am the only one in this house that sees the mess and dirt too. We have WHITE kitchen cupboards, and they are ALWAYS so dirty! I just mentioned to dh the other day as I was cleaning off the dirt that maybe he could wipe them off if he ever notices any marks----his response was "do YOU notice when the furnace needs more wood???"

I can bake a cake, prepare homework, make a phone call, fold some laundry, make sure cat/dogs/fish are fed, and balance the check book ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!

YET...not one person in this house knows how to hang up a wet towel or change the toilet paper! What would they do if I wasn't here? Would they just start to use the magazines that are sitting by the toilet?

I too am the one that is at fault any time something is missing....why is that? Do they think I hide everything to irritate them? Maybe that is the reason I am the only one who can ever find what they are looking for! That must be a super power!

4. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I have the same super powers as the other posters. GEESH! I thought I was special, now I find that I'm "normal".

The only other super power I have is occasionally running over my husband's toes with one of the back wheels of my electric mobility scooter. HELLO! He could move his feet out of the way. I can't make my scooter wheels get any closer together. I love him dearly, but sometimes he is clueless. OH, I also use my rear scooter wheels to roll over the brown sugar package when the sugar turns into a hard lump. I put the sugar in a heavy duty freezer bag and back over it a couple times. Does that count as a super power???
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

Mine is to drive my DH crazy by instantly seeing something that's crooked/out of line, whether it be a picture or the way a house is built. No need for levels around me, hehe....

And I am also super at figuring out where HE left HIS stuff, if not my own. Oh well.

6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hearing mumbled gripes that teenagers didn't think I heard.
    Having an extra pair of eyeballs in the back of my head, so I am able to tell who slugged whom with what.
    Changing the diaper of one child, reaching over to start a new Barney tape for another child, while talking to the school principle about still another child on the phone, all at the same time. Talk about multitasking, haha!

Love this post! LOL!
  7. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I'm the fix-it Mom...

Which was fine when the kids were little, kissing booboos, finding lost books.

Along with the kids growing up, the problems have grown.

Try to fix a 29 and 19 year olds booboos. They think I can solve anything. Well at least they will keep me around a little longer.

8. deb0531

deb0531 New Member

I have a lot of the same superpowers plus a great sence of smell, because apparantly I'm the only one who can tell when it's time for the garbage to go out and I think I must be extremely strong 'cause no one else can close a cupboard door. Aren't I amazing? hehe
  9. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Thanks...you made my day. My family can't see anything around the house. They all think it looks fine until they want something. THEN they can see it because they know if it is still lying there waiting to get picked up they will not be able to have a friend over.
  10. momof471

momof471 New Member

I have most of the above, along with a stomach of steel, for holding three little heads at the same time while being sick!(just discovered last weekend!)

My kids are really freaked by my eyes in the back of my head one!

I also have the power of knowing when some little one has been digging in my drawer's or closet in my room. That one throw's em for a loop too!

God Bless
  11. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

mine are working full time and coming home to get dinner ready, doing at least 3 loads of laundry, emptying the dishwashing, running my 15 year old daughter around, etc..... Yes, this is all while my husband works late, 17 year old daughter is gone all the time and 15 year old does help somewhat. I can't wait to retire. Man i am exhausted just from typing all this. LOL
  12. jole

jole Member

My married kids seem to use me as their sounding board quite often....when hubbies complain, kids act up, etc. I don't try to "fix" their problems, but can sometimes offer advice. Mostly it's just quitely listening as they sort through things and come to their own conclusions.

I also have shoulders of steel when it comes to being there for someone to cry on.

Also a super dooper pooper scooper, since no one else seems to notice the dog doo on the sidewalk, etc. It seems it's easier to walk around or step over. (Yes, we live in the country!)

Great post!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/12/2008]
  13. Juloo

Juloo Member

But I'm having a great time imagining what our costume would look like -- Super Duper Pooper Scooper indeed!!!
  14. bozey

bozey New Member

I also have many of the above but my greatest one freaks my daughter out. She is 27 and we are very close. We talk several times a day on the phone.

Sometimes I just have to rag on her for something and one day I was on the phone with her and I said, "Stop rolling your eyes at me". I could just tell by the lull on the phone that she was doing that. LOL

She said "Oh my God how did you know that?!!!" "You have a video camera in my house don't you?"

We still laugh about that. And I do still say it when I know she is doing it. Pretty funny.

Her son is only 6 years old. She will learn along the way!

15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

That post is to cute !!!

I used to be able to do the same thing more or less. Of course all my kids are gone and now I have grandkids(8). However, they are not here alot unfortunatly (or is thata fortunate)?? I guess it is fortunate when it comes to messes they all can create. I do see some of them in the sumer more when school is out.

In my case right now I guess it is my DH who has the superpowers to see everything. I just hope it will all go away and disappear. Sometimes he even puts the dishes in the diswhasher. He does unload it if I remind him that it is time to do so. We don't run it that often maybe every 3 days or so) since it is only us now.

My DH is a neatnic and has always been so and his mom was one also . So the habit is hard to break. He does keep his stuff nice and neat though. I just wish he would learn how to fold things right. We have been married 46 yrs and he still can't fold . He just rolls his stuff. It is his Navy training, he says, ( he rolls amd throws everything into the dufflebag (-:

DH sees the dirt and dust that I also hope will disappear but I am the one that usually cleans it up most of the time - ugh !

I guess I will really have superpowers when I can clap my hands or something and all the work will be done instantly -without ME. Somehow I do not think that will happen unless I hire some to help out whichI am thinking aboaut one of these days. However, I am usually to cheap or do not haven enough money to do so.

Blessings and hugs,

[This Message was Edited on 02/14/2008]