WHAT ARE YOUR SYMPTOMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Sep 15, 2006.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

I have about 20 symptoms...however, at the moment these are the MAIN ones...

*fatigue/drowsiness
    achy body/weakness (even first thing in morning)
    some anxiety
    food sensitivities
    headache/pressure
    inappropriate irritability off and on.

i could go on and on with symptoms like alcohol intolerance, jittery, vision fluctuations, insomnia, etc...
    but those are the main ones. I'm just curious cause i havent been officially DIAGNOSED with CFSIDS or Fibro.
    I remember going out with my girlfriends when i was younger and i would be the girl sleeping in the backseat of the car while they were having fun..and i musta been 20 at the time! Always fatigued. :(
    Along with symptoms id like to know if you have CFS or Fibro and what type of doc diagnosed u...or self diagnosed.
    THANKS
  2. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Hi Monica:)

I was diagnosed with FM by a Ruemy. Diagnoised with FM and CFS by my GP, a Neurologist, and another Ruemy. Diagnoised with neurocardiogenic syncope and tachycardia by a heart doctor. Diangoised with Restless Leg Syndrome by a Neurologist. Diagnoised with Sleep Apnea by a Pulmonariologist. Also have insomnia.

Other Symptoms are:

A sick kind of fatigue
    burred vision and sometimes a wavy thing going on with vision
    IBS with dirrehea
    pain and more pain---joints and muscles
    muscle spasms and cramps
    memory loss short and long term
    can't process heard speech well sometimes. Sounds like jibbish.
    poor consentration
    tension headaches
    too much stress or activity puts me down sick.
    panic attacks
    cry easily
    get sore lymph nodes and sore throat
    overweight---was always thin before CFS
    low body temp
    poor balance---fall alot
    can't take heat at all even bath or shower must be like lukewarm

Well that's all I can think of for now. I've had CFS for almost 8 years now and FMS for 25. Neurocardiogenic syncope came on with the CFS.

Had alot more crazy symptoms in the beginning of CFS not I no longer have.

Barb

[This Message was Edited on 09/15/2006]
  3. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Hi Barb, thx for your reply.
    Wow..sounds like you've been going through quite a bit. Yes, I have many of the additional symptoms too.
    Poooor memory especially short term.
    Concentration issues
    Low body temp
    I am actually always hot though and can not tolerate hot weather.
    I feel dizzy
    feel i have to walk cautiously due to balance probs

DO YOU THINK SYMPTOMS worsen in the colder months or hotter? My body is much more achy now that its cooling off.

Im just trying to figure out if i do in fact have Fibro.
    I guess i need a referal to a Rheumotologist????
    I feel like I definitely have this...along with Candida issues.

Hope you improve and good health & happiness to you!
  4. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

For me my symptoms are about the same in winter and summer, except I can't tolerant hot humid weather. It makes my neurocardiogenic syncope worse. With that I sweat too easy, get breathless,get hear palpatations, and feel really ill. I get to feeling like I may faint if I'm on my feel very long. When standing still, this feeling can come over me in about 5 or 10 minutes. It's much worse if I out in hot and or humid weather.

Yes seeing a Ruemy would be a good idea. The low body temp, balance problems, inablity to tolerance heat are common symptom of CFS.

Most of the symptoms I put in my list came on with the CFS. All the years that I just had FM, muscle pain a poor short term memory were my only symptoms, and the short term memory problem got worse with the CFS.

I hope you find out soon what you have, and you're able to get some good help.

{{{{HUGS}}}}}
    Barb