What body part hurts the worst? Any HELP??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fieldmouse, Nov 12, 2006.

1. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I am just wondering what part of your body hurts the worst. My neck and shoulders never stop hurting no matter what pain meds I take. Anyone else have this problem????
    [This Message was Edited on 11/12/2006]
  2. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Is the neck and shoulder thing normal or is it just me? I just don't know what I can do to make it better long enough to get the things I need to do done....Any suggestions would be great. My neck actually feels swollen around my spine. Is this normal? I just hurt soooo bad. I can't get anything done. Just need to know how others feel in areas of there body and what you do to relieve it? Thanks.....Hugs...Mick!!
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

To Be My Whole upper Torso! My legs hurt also but not as much as the rest of me!! So So Frusterating! Never lets up unless the temp is above 40 degrees!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sisland
  4. the part that hurts the worst for me is,my lower spine and legs.

i have a very large bulging swelling at the base of my spine,and it always swells badly during a flare up of my fibro and chronic fatigue.

im always in pain,but trying hard to switch it off in my mind by being busy with my job,my life.and as i get depressed with being in pain,i just try to convince myself that i should just get on with life and try to force the depressing thoughts out of my head.

its very hard to do,and tiring.but no one will help us,so i figure ill help myself as best i can.

i refuse to give up,surrender and just dissapear.i want to be around to find out where my mystery virus came from.it will be revealed one day im sure.

kind regards
    fran
  5. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

I have had pain in my neck, head, shoulders and jaw for the past three months. This happens off and on, because the pain goes to different places. I have no cure for it either, heating pads don't work, although a warm shower helps some. Other than that, it disppears for awhile, then it comes back. So, you are not alone!!

Good Luck!! SB
  6. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

lately my neck shoulder our so stiff, ill awake with so much pain there, its hard for me to fall back to sleep...=(
    I use alot of heat, moist heat works the best.

good luck roll
  7. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

the costochondritis in my chest, and then the neck and shoulder muscle spasms

-June
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

fieldmouse:

My doc traces his hand over all the spots that he believes hurt.

More and more he traces my neck/shoulder areas in the exact spots that are the worst.

Yes, I have that problem too.

nyrofan
  9. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

so much for all your replies. I really appreciate all of you so much. I guess some days it just makes me feel better to know I am not alone in this. I know I'n not but some days it just gets so depressing we feel so alone in this DD. Thanks to all of you. I love you all soooo much...~Hugs to all~ Mick!!
  10. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Hi fieldmouse, nice to meet you.

I have had flares where my shoulders hurt so bad in order to move one arm I had to lift it with my other arm. No comfortable places to sit or lay. Hands would constantly go numb. Does this for weeks at a time and then....just stops.

My major constant that never goes away no matter what, is my knees and lower back. They are always like violin strings, very very tense an tigt.

Like Prickles, I am very precise in how I sleep. I sleep on my couch because my body can conform to it. I sleep with the softest yet thickest pillow I can under my head. I sleep with the pillow under my knees. If and only if I sleep on my side I have a pillow under my arms also to support my shoulders from drooping.

Hope this post helps and you take care.
    Blessed Be and kitten hugs,
    Laurie :)
  11. emttoni

emttoni New Member

from the bottom of the neck down to the tailbone (i have a deformity on the tailbone, drs thought I had broken it once but nrver did, still dont know what it is).

My youngest dd has been using a massager on me at night on the back of my shoulders, int he shoulder blade area. She was shocked at the knots I have in that area. Then dh convinced me to get an electric blanket this year too, and now hes trying to convince me to get a heated mattress topper too. We shall see tho.

~Toni~
  12. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I always sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees. Maybe this could be part of my problem. I just can't seem to go to sleep lying on my back.Also, I have a waterbed which could be part of my problem. The good thing about it is that it is always warm which I guess is a good thing. I will try those stretching exercises that you mentioned. Thanks for all your help. ~hugs~ Mick!!
  13. charlenef

charlenef New Member

MY BACK UP THE LEFT SIDE ALL THE WAY INTO MY HEAD ACROSS MY BRA STRAP MY SHOULDERS AND LOWER BACK.IF I COULD GET RID OF THE BACK PAIN I COULD DEAL WITH THE REST OF MY PAIN AND WEAKNESS. CHARLENE
  14. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Fieldmouse

For me it is my neck and shoulders all the way down to between my shoulder blades. I hope someone suggests so solutions.

hugs Redwillow
  15. tacanton

tacanton New Member

I have been seeing several doctors over the past 10 months due to deep muscular mid back pain. Had MRI and several blood test, everything normal.Doctors can not find the source of pain and think I have FM. The pain can radiate around the ribs and to the lower back. I have not yet found anything to relieve the pain. They think that it was triggered from my ectopic pegnancy in Dec. and losing the baby. That is when the pain started..I do not have the trigger points, but alot of the other symptoms. Any suggestions for the deep , burning muscular pain I have? Sometimes I feel like people think I am crazy for the pain I have with no cause......Thanks for your support.
  16. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Mainly my neck and shoulders and between the shoulder blades, after that, across the top of my "bum" around to the side of my hips. (That's every day) On the really bad days I "hurt" all over. My muscles feel like they are vibrating or something, and I get shooting pains.

Funny, because this is what brought me to the doctor originally. For whatever reason, even though he asks me what my worst symptom is, he keeps telling me we can do surgery for the carpal tunnel. Even though the carpal tunnel is pretty severe, I tell him I couldn't give two hoots about the hands, it's my muscles that are going to drive me to a padded cell! Then I tell him that the carpal tunnel would go away if I could stop using my hands to DIG at my shoulder muscles all day!!!

BTW, he recently put my on Cymbalta (at my request for depression-I just couldn't take this anymore) and 90% of the time my MUSCLES feel great. On rainy days they still feel pretty bad, but other than that I have had a TON of relief. I have put on 10 pounds in 2 weeks though. So, we'll see if the muscles continue to feel better.

Joann
  17. yellowbo

yellowbo New Member

Hips and wrists hurt the most for me.

I also have pain in my clavical area.

I am just now trying to figure out what is the best thing to do.
  18. kittencats

kittencats New Member

My left thigh has been numb and terribly tender for at least eight years. Since January, my arms from the shoulder to the elbow are just one big charlie horse. I literally wake up crying and things like putting my seat belt buckle on is excruciating. It just aches intensely all the time and exercise just makes it worse. I have also recently developed more tender/trigger spots (inside of thighs, back of arm up and up thru back of shoulders). Recently moved to Phoenix and found a new doctor and he switched my antidepressant to Cymbalta which has shown to help with body aches, but it hasn't helped me at all. I go back on Tuesday for full physical, blood, etc., but I'm really hoping he'll send me for an MRI. This is really starting to impact my daily life. Oh well, just another day. Good luck.
  19. beachwalkerbill

beachwalkerbill New Member

I hurt all over more than anywhere else some days, but this a great day. My fog level is real low.

Here are some FMS pain analyses charts.

http://www.geocities.com/bbucher109/myfibro.html
  20. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

Neck, shoulder and back give me the most pain, and like you, never completely stops hurting, even with pain meds. I also get pain in my legs some, but that I can deal with. Sometimes, my arms feel so heavy I cant reach to brush my hair.

Hope you get some releif soon,

Theresa