what brand of rebounder should I invest in?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Nov 9, 2006.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I've been phoning around locally to the Fitness Stores, and the only rebounders that they have range in price from $30-$40 Canadian. This tells me that they are not good quality ones.

I am not a small person, just over 200 lbs, and I need something that is strong and will last. Being from Canada, ordering from the US is costly.

What do you recommend?

Raz

How about the Urban Rebounder found on the Shopping Channel?[This Message was Edited on 11/09/2006]
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I know this has been discussed before, and I have done a search, but there are just too many posts to read thru!

Raz
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I am in Canada too. I bought one of those cheap rebounders a long time ago and it really aggravated my previously sprained ankles and my back as well.

I ended up buying a Needak from a guy in the area who sells them. It was expensive though - almost $400 with the stabilizing bar. You probably don't need the stabilizing bar which would make it about $300.

According to the Needak guy we need a good quality mat that springs back and I am sure that is true after my experience with the cheap one. The springs are also important and the Needak has a good warranty.

It holds up to 250 lb, I think, maybe 300.

If you don't want to invest that much $$$, I have heard that the Urban Rebounder is of satisfactory quality. If the Shopping Channel had been selling them when I bought mine, I think I would have bought one of them to save the $$$. Then if it has to be replaced in a few years, that's okay.

Hope this helps.
    Pepper
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I think I might go for the Urban rebounder, as I can get it sent from right here in Canada, and it will be cheaper for me in that regard.

I think the weight limit is 300lbs, and fortunately, I don't way that much! :p
    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2006]
  5. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi,
    I did some research on rebounders and I ended up buying a Needak on eBay. The 2 most important things about a rebounder are that they have a "soft bounce" mat so that you don't end up injuring your spinal column and joints.

That will cost a lot more in the long run (physical health & finances) than spending the extra money on a good rebounder.

The other important thing to consider is having good springs...they should be a rounded coil spring.

My needak holds up to 300 pounds but if someone weighs 300 pounds they really can't jump on it but just do the light heel bounce.

Keep hope alive, Monkeykat