What can be done for this DD after 20 years???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Solstice, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Solstice

Solstice New Member

I am new to this message board. Just recently found this site.

My question is: I wonder if anything significant can be done now that I have had CFIDS and FMS for over 20 years now.

I can trace my illness back to the early 80's. I did not have a diagnosis until '94! So, for almost 15 years, I had no idea what was wrong.

I have read about people who have recovered from these DD, and then I realize they are the people who caught it early. With early treatment there is more likelyhood of good recovery.

My illness has been progressive. The older I get the more symptoms I seem to have. I had to quite work about 6 years ago. I was an elementary school teacher and loved my job.

Like many of you, my life has become very limited. It has affected my friendships, my family life, my self esteem.......everything. Most of the time I do ok with coping. Lately, I have regressed and for several weeks have been too tired to do much of anything, in a fog, and in pain. Whenever I regress like this I think "OK, there has got to be something new out there that I can do." But I have tried just about everything.

The only thing I have not done is quifinisin (sp?). Have some of you tried it? I have read the book about it. I am tempted to try it, but would like to know if it would be worth it.........again, for someone who has had this SO long now. How long would it take me to reverse this? Does it work for FMS AND CFIDS?

I feel like I need to start from the beginning again, every time I get this depleted. I have tons of vitamin bottles in my cupboards, and I don't even know where to start. So I am taking nothing now. I need to start anew.

Any ideas from you would be much appreciated!!! Please tell me "an old dog can learn new tricks."! (I am 52. Not that old. But I feel 70) Thanks for any help you can give me.

Sorry this is soooo long.
  2. Solstice

Solstice New Member

I will follow those leads and do some reading. I'm sure there are new developments from what I have been doing. If you don't mind my asking, what have you been doing to get healthy and better than you were in your teens? I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. Inspiring!
  3. Solstice

Solstice New Member

I'm glad I have found this site and you folks. I am looking forward to reading the latest. Please tell me old-dawg..............what are you personally doing that is helpful?
  4. Solstice

Solstice New Member

I'll look forward to hearing from you and what you have done tomorrow. Thanks. I did read the info on mycoplasama. You might want to read my note I posted about it. I'm tired too. Can't think much more now.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have had a lot of postings on the Guai treatment here. Of course, if you decide to do the treatment, you will have to get the book. It's all in the posts.

Love, Mikie
  6. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

Hello Solstice.
    i've been ill for 23 years. I joined this site a couple of months ago.
    i'm too tired tonight to write more, having only just managed to fill in post that jellybelly is going to send off.

I will post more probably over the weekend.
    bye for now
    pinkquartz
  7. Solstice

Solstice New Member

It is encouraging to hear from all of you.
    Old-Dawg, thanks for letting me know what some of the things are that you take and do. I too have to take the amatryptiline to sleep. It is one consistent thing I've done for a long time. When I try to quit it, well, my muscles scream with pain, and I can't sleep.
    I'm going to start back on the vitamins. But I really hate to swallow "pills" and I feel so bloated if I take too many. But I guess I will just start with a few.
    Thanks again........more ideas and your personal experiences are helpful!!