what can i do for feet pain and limitation??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynn1954, Mar 26, 2003.

1. lynn1954

lynn1954 New Member

ive been struggling with FM for 20 years/my worst problem is feet pain..wicked limitations..ive tried everything and continue to struggle. any suggestions.

thank you
  2. baby-bear

baby-bear New Member

epsom salts and hot water foot saoks. Also soak my body in it too. You could try a heating pad maybe? I wish we could find a heating pad just for the feet. That would be a great invention..huh? A heating pad that wraps around your feet in the shape of your feet... Pammy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2003]
  3. lynn1954

lynn1954 New Member

i do have some exciting news i think. last week my podiatrist gave me some hydrocodone for my acute feet pain and i only took half the dose and i thought i died and went to heavan. truley it was like going from a prison of agony to freedom in paradise. he can only give them to me for an acute flair up.so he suggested i change my primary care doctor to someone who will be more compasionate about pain managment. hopefully let me stay on this med. daily.has some minor side affects.but well worth it. i feel reborn but am worried that no doctor will let me stay on them indefinatly. hope this helps
  4. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi All,

This stinks! My feet are in KILLER pain as I type. The only thing my podiatrist offered was really expensive orthotics. Mighta worked, but can't afford to find out.

I do reflexology/massage for myself as often as possible. Funny, too, as I just compared where I massage to a reflexology chart - the sorest places on my feet (toes, ball, outer edge below little toe, dead center of foot and center of heel) correspond to: head, hypothalmus, pituitary, whole spine, shoulder/arm, throat/thyroid, parathyroid, bronchial tubes, esophagus, stomach, liver, kidney, intestine, colon, and sciatic nerve.
    WOW! Dead on, for me.

Doesn't matter, though, my feet STILL hurt!
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace All Grievances
    [This Message was Edited on 04/01/2003]