What can I do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Jul 16, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I have CFIDS so, as you can imagine, getting up in the morning is extremely difficult. My husband and I have a 5-year old son who likes to get up really early. Most mornings he wakes up between 5:30 and 6 o'clock. My husband, for as long as I can remember, has always gotten up with JJ in the morning.

My problem is...I see he gets frustrated by JJ waking up so early, and I want to be able to help him. First of all, I never hear JJ get up in the morning, and my husband won't wake me up even if I tell him to. And secondly, the few times that I do wake up with JJ, I end up feeling very sick later on in the day.

I guess I'm just looking for some suggestions on what I can do to help my husband? I feel like I'm failing him as a wife. I try to make things easier on him in other ways. I do all the cleaning and make sure he has a hot meal on the table when he gets home from work. But, I just wish I could help him in the mornings. I feel like this disease has rendered me useless before 10am. Most mornings I'm out of bed by 7 o'clock, but I'm usually sleeping on the couch for a couple hours.

Gentle hugs to all,
    Kim
  2. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

do we women put ourselves on these guilt trips!?!?! I dido prickles comments. Just thank your husband for being so sweet, and remember you're always there for him in his times of need.
    Barb
  3. sueliza

sueliza New Member

It is wonderful your husband is willing to get up with your son!

It can be frustrating (even for healthy people) when a child wakes up SO early. You can try to get your little one to sleep a little later in the morning.

If he has an early bedtime try pushing it out by 15 minutes every night. Also, make sure the sun is not shining in his window in the morning, try to keep the room dark.

Is he still napping at all during the day? I had a friend who tried all of these things with her early risers and some of it helped. Also, when her kids were 5 or 6 she taught them to go to their playroom when they woke up and turn on a tv program. Then she was able to sleep an extra 30 minutes or so.

Good luck, and remember in a few years you will probably have to be pulling him out of bed for school!