What can this be?! Help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2Frsty, Nov 9, 2014.

1. 2Frsty

2Frsty Member

I've not been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, but I can't seem to come up with any other cause for this pain I'm feeling. And I don't feel it terribly every day. It feels like the whole upper half of my body is bruised, but there's no bruises. I can't hardly even touch my own skin. It seems to flare (is that the right word?) when I'm under a lot of stress. My husband is deployed to Korea, I've had a sick toddler, and I've just had to admit my mother to the hospital for pneumonia, so there hasn't been much time for me to see a doctor about it. Any thoughts? Am I barking up the wrong tree with this??
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful with so much on your plate. It does sound like FM but if you're running a fever (your mom has pneumonia and a sick toddler) it might be a bug you've got. And you don't say how long you've had this. For a doctor to diagnose FM you will have to have had the pain and fatigue for at least 6 months. I live on ibuprofen for the pain, but have to make sure I stay within the limit. Some people with FM will have "painful skin". Luckily I haven't but I have a whole list of complaints associated with it. If you haven't read up on fibromyalgia there is much to read here in the library, or you can do a search on the internet. Most of us go to at least 10 doctors until we find the right one who KNOWs the problem.

You might also increase magnesium, and if you don't take it, make sure it's magnesium citrate. The other oxide is basically a laxative. Most people are low on magnesium and it's the first line of defense for us. And STRESS is awful for it. And by the way, FM pain is on both sides of your body, meaning if you hurt on the right side, leg, arm, chest whatever you will also hurt on the left side.
  3. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

You may want to investigate Lyme disease and related co-infections. See more below.

Lyme Disease, Do You Have It? <--- Click link

The Cowden Support Program | ILADS 2012 lecture by Dr. Lee Cowden

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014