What causes painful skin??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by day2day, Mar 10, 2006.

1. day2day

day2day Member

I have had this happen more and more frequently, my entire leg from foot to top of waist, also it can be one entire side of my face, at times, and other areas.

The best way to describe it is like having a really bad bruise like you would get after a major car accident, so if anyone touched you, it would be extremly painful. The thing is its like this from toe to waist and just my clothes touching it is bad, and even if i take them off I am in painnnnnnnn.

What is this anyone know?

I had a bad fall in January, broke my tail bone, have compressed disks in neck and dr also thinks I have a bulging disk in back, my hands have not stopped being painful, numbish and tingly since this happened.

Since that time, I am having alot more of the pain as mentioned in first part of this post.

Thanks
  2. shep

shep New Member

My doctor told me it was too much latic acid build up in the skin tissue.

My skin burns and feels as thought it would be "hot" to touch but is not. It feels sore and bruised.

His advice was to massage the area each day to keep this acid build up disbursed so it can be eliminated from the body. This is similar to sports injurys when they quote "have sore buring muscles".

I also use hot/cold packs alternating them back and forth. Also, a hot soak in a bath to which has been added 1 cup epson salts, 1 cup baking soda and a small bottle of peroxide will help soak out the soreness.

Hope this helps you,
    Shep
  3. day2day

day2day Member

Actually, I have been going to P/T for over a month now due to may fall and the have done the electrode stimulation, and have also been doing massage, it has not helped at all, I really think it is something else.

Possibly from a poster I just read it may be an effect from my chronic shingles?

I can't for the life of my figure out though why my face at times is like this as well.

I guess ill keep trying to find answers......so keep the suggestions coming if anyone has any ideas