What Causes the Muscle Pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cynny3, Jul 15, 2006.

1. cynny3

cynny3 New Member

Hi,
    I'm wondering if anyone knows what exactly causes the muscle pains with Fibromyalgia? What part of the disease/disorder triggers the pain and soreness? I have a LOT of pain in my upper back, neck and shoulders. I used to get tons of pain in my lower back and knees, but with thyroid treatment, that seems to be better lately.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask the question because everything I read says muscle pain is a symptom, but no where have I read what actually causes it.

Thanks for any information you have that can shed some light on this.

Cynthia
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

From what I have read, it is a build up of Lactic Acid
  3. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I try to do some light exercise every day, and seem reasonably tolerant of that -- do feel some consequences, but it's not bad. However if I do something unusual it is a whole different story.

My refrigerator went out a couple of days ago and I had to pull it out from the wall -- it's on casters and not difficult to move -- and wipe up the water, then move the contents item by item. Muscles everywhere are still complaining from this new motion, even though I do some other things on a regular basis to which I've apparently built up some tolerance. Anyone else experience this or have any idea why this might happen?

Am hoping to have the fridg repaired today. Definitely would have been a poor pioneer -- love those modern appliances!

4. joanng

joanng New Member

"With the lactic acid, I add a bit of baking soda to water. The baking soda increase the O2 in your blood and helps remove the acid."
    This is very interesting. Thanks for asking this question! Is there any other way to remove the lactic acid (supplement of some sort?), I can't drink things, and the thought of drinking baking soda makes me gag.
  5. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Would club soda have a similar effect? I've heard of that being recommended to settle an upset stomach -- never tried it -- and wondered if that would be similar to baking soda and water in adding oxygen.
  6. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

You know- I remember a baking soda remedy for bad stomach- some wise person mentioned that- to help break the acid done and help with heart burn, etc.

I think I will try some- I also have IBS - so maybe this will help that, too. Better than cutting off my neck and shoulders while living on the toliet...( Sorry, I am not myself today.)

Be well - more good advise(Hayley when will you write your book?)

Janet
  7. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

No, you stay on this site- we need you.... Take care of yourself- my neck and shoulders today are not toooo bad- i hate to say that because you never know... Anyways I have been kinda lying low today- I want to have a yard sale on Sunday.. DH will help me carry what he can- I told him together we might make 1 person- better than none..Team work.

Sooo for Monday, no plans and keep fingers crossed last minute appts. do not come up.

Bless all
    Janet