What causes this sick (malaise,flu) feeling?Solutions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by praisingHim, Jul 1, 2003.

1. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

Just wanted to know if anyone knows what causes this sick all over flu like feeling. I can't seem to get rid of it. The minocycline for my mycoplamsa infection helped a little, but I just can't get rid of this sick all over feeling I have all the time. Any thoughts on what causes this feeling and how to get rid of it?

I thought of maybe trying olive leaf extract when the doc lets me off the antibiotic. The owner at the health food store said to try a coffee enema (yuck!)and some type of mushrooms and also agreed about the ole.
  2. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

I know what you mean. Ive been on doxy for mycos for about one month now. I think there are so many reasons for our symptoms its hard to pinpoint it to one thing. But I heard about "herxing" that is when the ABX are killing off the mycos in our system throwing out their toxins in our system making it feel worse until we get rid of them.. How long is that? Only God knows, I heard at least a year for recovery to take place, but I dont know. Do some research on it. Now also these symptoms may just be part of our illness as well, a little bit of everything, what fun!!! I am being sarcastic, because I feel the same way today,,,,,, Good luck and GOd bless, Iggy
  3. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

Thank-you so much for your replies. I know that the first week I was on it, I was really herxing, but then felt much better. Now, I have this sick feeling off and on. I can feel 80% better, then out of no where get this sick all over feeling. I had it even before I went on the antibiotics, that's why I think it's something besides a herx.

I know CFS can cause a general malaise feeling, but this is horrible. I wish I knew what causes it to come and go so if it's something I had control over I could stop it. I don't know if it's additional infections, toxins, or what.

Have either of you tried any type of "toxic" therapy like sauna's, fasting, etc.? Did it help?

Jelly,I have visited that website, but haven't read all of it. I have so much research that I like to do, that my reading is all over the place. How do you feel off the doxy? Did you stop cold turkey, or wean off? Thanks for the information.
  4. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

Thanks again for the reply. I feel like I may be missing a piece of the puzzle. I have been on the minocycline for about 4 months, but still get the sick feeling all over. Can you herx when you have been on it this long off and on? I thought it only happened at the beginning (and I did herx then). I feel like I still have some type of infection but just can't get rid of it. Have you tried olive leaf extract? I just wonder if it would help. What dose doxy did you take? The Fatigue from Fantastic book recommends 100mg 3 times day, but my doc only has me on it one time a day. Is this enough to get rid of these critters? Thanks for your help. May you be blessed!
  5. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

I haven't figure mine out yet.

It seems when my allergies are flaring, I get the sick all over (SAO) feeling

I recently stopped eating bread (yeast factor) cut down on sweets and starting taking "Super Yeast Defender" with Olive Leaf Extract

I have noticed a reduction in the SAO feeling - It is not completely gone, but just doesn't occur every single day
  6. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

Thanks for your reply. No, I have not been tested for the things you mentioned, only myco and lyme. When I go back to the doc in August, I am going to ask to be tested. I think you have to use certain labs. Hopefully he will know which ones. What is in the tranfor factor? I may look it up on this site to see if I can find out more information. Can you use it with antibiotics?
  7. kgg

kgg New Member

and the mushrooms. I have read that coffee enemas are dangerous. -Karen
  8. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

Thanks. I don't think I could bring myself to do the enema's anyway. I haven't heard much about the mushrooms. I know they sale them at the health food store, but I haven't done any research on them. I like sticking to the safer methods, too. Thanks for your concern and feedback.

[ advertisement ]