What crazy things have you done?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fireball, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Fireball

Fireball New Member

Thought I would share this one--

Today in the checkout line at the supermarket, I handed the cashier two twenty dollar bills to pay for my groceries and then I took my credit card and scanned it. The cashier just looked puzzled and asked me how I was paying. When I realized what I had done, I mumbled that I needed him to change my twenty dollar bills to tens.

Another time, I walked out with the wicker basket that is used to put items in at a bath store. It was on my arm and I did not realize I had it until I got to the car. Then I was too embarassed to go back.

I have to try to remember to check myself and make sure that I am not carrying anything out of a store that I have not paid for. Does anyone else have this problem? I think that the fatigue and pain just take over when I am shopping. I definitely need a handicapped sticker as maybe that might help.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Fireball, when the Fibro Fog sets in, we do some strange things!

This weekend I was shopping with my daugher, I saw this size in a pair of pant; '1/2', well I had my pant I wanted to buy (exactly like the ones with the 1/2 marked in them) size 6 in the other hand.

She told me that was a half of a size 1, well I really don't ever remember seeing that size before. I put what I thought was the size 1/2 back on the rack, paid for mine and we left.

When I got home and tried to put them on , I could not get them pass my hips!
    You guessed it, I put the size 6 back on the rack and bought the size '1/2'!

To make matters worst this store is 40 miles from my home, and I was not planning on going back there any too soon either!

Thats just one thing in a list that I could write that would exceed the length of this boards 'message area'!

Glad you didn't lose your forty dollars!

Shalom, Shirl

3. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

I get really, really dumb when I get a migraine. Sometimes I don't even get much of a headache, but it's sure the fibrofog. Anyway, my hubby and I had just returned from a tour of a friend's ranch and I was frantic, looking for my purse, which was dangling from my arm...
  4. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I walked into the corner of a wall. Miscalculated where my turn was. Actually yesterday was a horrible FMS day and very increased fatigue, stumbling, bumbling....that's fibro! dolsgirl
  5. Fireball

Fireball New Member