what detox have you used with success

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by sunflowergirl, Mar 22, 2013.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Not sure if the one the doctor put me on is making me feel really worse in the last 3 months.
  2. LadyCarol

LadyCarol Member

Your system is probably overloaded. Try reducing your supplements, your body will naturally detox itself if you eat a normal healthy intake of wholesome foods.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I respectfully disagree with Lady Carol. Several years ago my liver was quite toxic, it turns out from chemical solvents from a job I had when I was 19. My body could not get rid of this overload in the normal course of things and I had to do a liver detox under the supervision of my chiropractor.

Also, according to Richvank, people with CFS are low in glutathione, which is crucial for usual detoxing to take place, and often have an overload of toxins. I have had a very healthy diet for years and years and until just recently had terrible time with anything that could cause a detox reaction.

What does your doctor have you taking for a detox?

What are your detox symptoms?

What exactly is he or she trying to achieve - e.g., liver detox or heavy metals?

Molybdenum can help with detoxing. l-methionine (amino acid) helped me at one time. Activated charcoal can help mop up toxins in the gut that are released by detoxing.

There's a sublingual product called Chem Defense by Source Naturals which has glutathione and molybdenum and is supposed to aid in detoxing.

You may be going too fast. If you have a lot of toxins, it can make you quite sick if your body starts to release them and the liver etc. gets overloaded.

There are so many variables to consider. If you can give more info about what you're taking, how much, what it's supposed to do, it would be helpful.

Mary
  4. donnaba

donnaba New Member

what if glutathione is not tolerated? Even i drop of liposomal sends me into a wired state, increased heart rate and restricted breathing patternwhich lasts for a couplde days.
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I used to have trouble with sublingual glutathione - it gave me a strong detox reaction and I couldn't tolerate it.

Then I tried acetyl-glutathione. It's rather pricey, I found the best price on-line for $50 for 60 tablets. And this I tolerated, had no side effects. I took this for 4 or 5 months. And then I tried the sublingual glutathione again in the form of Chem Defense by Source Naturals, and found I could tolerate it.

I also have been doing qigong at home with a Spring Forest dvd.

I don't know what increased my tolerance for the sublingual glutathione, whether it was the acetyl-glutathione or the qigong, but something changed.

Maybe one of these would help you - or hopefully someone with more knowledge can respond here -

Mary
  6. donnaba

donnaba New Member

thanks, i tried the quicksilver brand of glutathione. I have read that acetyl-glutathione can be as effective as ivs.

sunflowergirl, infrared saunas or epsom salt baths can also be helpful for detox, usually without the side effects. Maybe adding one of those would allow you to tolerate the detox you're already on.