What did you do before this web site,before computers?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Jul 13, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I am so appreciative of all of you for caring ,giving advice and Praying for me when I have ask. I was wondering what any of us use to do before we found this site. I would have held it in ,and been a nervous wreck.

I don't like to complain but I know when I vent things here you all know how I really feel .This DD affects us all in so many ways mentally and physically and the only real people that understand what we go thu is another person with it.

So voice how being here has helped you and what a difference it makes for you. Before the computer who would have heard you vent. Do you feel a relief just being able to vent and sometimes not bring others into your business that might be to close to you.I sure do!

2. findmind

findmind New Member

I've had CFS and FM since 1988.

In 1995 I went to a support group; at that time it had over 120 members.

I was the SG Leader from mid-95 to mid-97 when I crashed and burned.

It is now defunct, but I made 4-5 friends I am still close to now.

It was a wonderful experience to be able to go for 2 hrs and be with others who were experiencing the same things I was.

When I found this site (I had been getting ProHealth's catalog for years), I was in heaven.

I have not found such a warm, compassionate, smart, funny, real bunch of people anywhere in my life!

I'm so glad you are a part of the board, I like to read your posts, and care about the things you say.

Thanks for the good post!~
    There's always hope!
    findmind
  3. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I too dont tell people the strange symptoms such as fog and sounds bothering me. when i came here it was so nice that others had the same things. my family never doubts me but they cant understand. love Gail
  4. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I was just diagnosed this year and by the grace of God found this site while researching. I found it about a month of intense research after losing my job because of being sick.

I was actually doing more research on myofascial pain at that time, because this was the thing that was keeping my upper back, shoulders, neck and head in constant pain.

Before all of this happening at the first of the year, I think that my family and friends just saw me as "sick all of the time", my bosses and co-workers thought I was some kind of hypochondriac or had some other problem with medications, and my doctors thought that I only wanted pills for a high. At least that's how I felt.

Since coming here, I've faced the fact that I have a series of / or combination of symptoms that for right now - no one knows what causes, or how to completely cure it/them. I've accepted that fact, just recently, with a few days of tears and a renewed spirit to learn all that I can and to do what I can to help control the symptoms.

From all of the support, advice and even personal friendship from the people that I have found here on this board, I have been able to process those emotions, accept the things that I can't change and change the things I can, learn all that I can, and be a part of a family that loves and really does understand me.

Misunderstood and alone was how I felt before finding all of the beautiful people on this board.
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I'm from Cincy and I collect carved candles from all over the world.
    We have several things in common :) much nicer then this DD.
  6. Rose73

Rose73 New Member

I have been able to be online since the end of 2002. It was in 2003 that I have looked for support from others in my condition. The internet has provided a way for people going through the some things communicate. Like the support groups are held in a town at least 20 miles away. It is hard to go out in the evening to the meetings after working that day, and staying there. or driving back into town. The internet has allowed me to do that from my own home.

Before, I had a hard time find others to understand. It is frustrating to be told that I was too young to go through pain like that. I felt like saying I wish that too. So most of the time I suffered alone, and tried to cope through each day.

I am new here, and looking forward to meeting you all.

Rose
  7. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i can't imagine life without computers. having things like this site is a lifesaver.
    rachel
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

until i was not feeling really good anymore...

i didn't know what was wrong w/me until i had dr's tell me....

i would tell the husband that this hurt or that..but he didn't get it,,

jodie
  9. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I've had symptoms since I was a child. My Mom, who passed on several years ago, told me I "changed" somehow after a tonsilectomy at age six. She took me to doctors, long before I knew anything was wrong, for low energy etc.

Through the years I have wondered how other people did it all. I had this facade of sort of keeping on top of things, but it was a huge struggle. The brain fog, depression, overwhelming fatigue, migraines etc. which began in my early twenties, and then relentless insomnia took a huge toll, and I had no idea what was wrong, and neither did any of the many doctors I saw. I used to tell my husband I felt like I had poison running through my veins.

I did not have pain, migraines and back problems excepted, until several months ago. When I started researching at that point and read about fibromyalgia it was like a light came on. There was an explanation for everything that was happening. I am not the only one, not a freak, not lazy, all this had been and is real.

I have not had medical insurance for ten years, do not have the resources to track down an official diagnosis. This board is my lifeline. Thank you.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]
  10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Poison in my veins

This is what I tell my husband. I've been using an herb called Milk Thistle it helps the liver detox .It seems to really be helping me. That poison feeling is getting less.

I plan to do a complete detox of my body to try to gain more health. And when I get the money a Lumphnote Massage. That's suppose to help the body's organs function better