What did you do, get for Mother's Day?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Doznclan3, May 10, 2009.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I went to church, we were given some flowers and candy! :)
    My husband had bought me a new outfit about 3 weeks ago, said Happy Mother's day..lol. I saved it until today..wore it to church. Also, I love his cards.
    Of course, I have to count the chicken coop he's working on. :))
    Had phone calls from kids, and a few came by. I love family.
    Love, Cynthia
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Yesterday our son came over and we had a nice visit. His wife got sick and couldn;t come. That is to bad as she is such good company. Went to church the night before to sing with the choir so I did not need to go yesterday. We had yummy steaks on the grill, baked potatoes and salad.

Our others lived kind of far away and or just couldn't come. I got lovely flowers with some roses to from one daughter living in North Carolina; All but one kid called. Hope she is doing OK. She is so busy and has some problems on her plate, I know. I hope to hear from her soon.

It is something how most parents, no matter how old their kids get, still continue to worry about their chicks, no matter how old they are. Also, there are some kiddos that always seem to need more help, in one way or another. Therefore, we all continue worry.

Anyway, I had a very quiet low key day which was fine too but I do miss seeing or hearing from those who couldn't come.

Hope everyone had a nice day. Glad you had a goaod one Julie ane Cynthia !!

Hugs and blessings,

Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 05/11/2009]
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member

My kids and grandaughter all live in others states as well my mother. Instead of flowers at church this year, we got bookmarkers that had a nice ribbon on them. Love that as I read alot. My children all chipped in and sent me a bouquet of flowers in a cute little bucket. My husband, bought me a new "Halleys Bible Handbook". Wow has it grown! I absolutely love it. Plan to go back and re-read my bible again with this new one. Had a pizza party at my husbands grandmothers house along with his mom and stepdad. Hope everyone else had a good Mothers Day also.
    P
  4. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I don't recognize the name...but am so glad you came here and shared. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. A bouquet of flowers, how sweet is that?!
    Your husband sounds like he's a spiritual man to be thinking of something like that for his wife..how wonderful for the two of you to share that.
    And pizza to top it off..oh yeah!
    Happy that you had a great Mother's Day. Come back and visit more!
    Love, Cynthia
  5. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Not to ruin anyone's post, but to be honest my Mother's Day was not good. No call, no e-mail, no card. Only child, I'll post what I've posted about my son on this site tomorrow. Glad, really, that everyone had a great day, and I mean that.

Take care and HUGS

LYNN