What diets have you tried that helped your CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ang03, Nov 26, 2005.

1. ang03

ang03 New Member

Hi there,
    I'm new to this board and newly diagnosed to CFS which I've had roughly for about 18 months or so. I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 girls aged 1 y.o.and 3y.o and youngest of which I am still breastfeeding.

I would like to know which people out there with CFS have tried diets that they found helpful with their cfs. I did start the candida diet, even though I'm not even sure if I have candida, and have had trouble sticking to it.

I'm feeling really awful at the moment with shocking exhaustion and joint pain, and I really get down when I'm feeling so bad. I'm lucky that my husband understands as he has been through it also, but he is a lot better these days and only has the odd relapse.

I know I need to accept the diagnosis, but I just want to get better and not feel like this anymore.
    please help me.
    thanks
    Ang
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi, I'm trying the low carb diet in Dr St Amand's book 'What your doctor may not tell you about fibromyalgia fatigue', & feel a lot better on it . He believes that CFS & fibro are the same illness. You can find it on the Guaidoc website, & can post questions as to whether it's suitable for breastfeeding on the Guai Group message board (where his nurse answers questions). Best wishes
  3. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

Low carb / high protein diets make me feel the best and help me keep my weight under control.... I need to go back on the atkins diet right again now because I feel like a circus balloon again.
  4. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Trying, low carb, low sugar, on difulcan and know it won't kill off yeast unless I don't feed it.

I understand how bad this is! I've always ate pasta sugar bread fruit and that's it.
  5. vacrow

vacrow New Member

HI:

I am also new to the group. The person who posted about Dr. St. Amand's book and it's diet are very correct. A low carb diet, high protein and limit your caffeine is the best way to go. Sweets and things with sugar in it would put me in a very bad cycle and I would have to go bed.

Also, I have found that using Guaifenisen(Guai) is very helpful. I did the protocol, but had to drop it as I could not work when I was purging(cycling). I did get results and I have to admit I felt some better. I am still debating about the guai since I had to retire because of this darn disease (dd).

Hope this has helped you.

VICKIE IN ALABAMA
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

Sorry you are feeling so bad!

Well, if your husband had it, what did he do to get better?
  7. dvdav2000

dvdav2000 New Member

Hi All,
    About a year ago I stayed at The Ann Wigmore Institute in Aguada , Puerto Rico for about a month. The Institute does a " living foods " lifestyle. Raw foods, living foods concentrating on " living " elements... enzymes, etc. from the plant. Blended during the detox. period. In addition fresh Wheatgrass juice daily from the organic growing area. It is a minimalist atmosphere. Very economical. 1 block from the ocean, yoga, daily learning program included. It is a non-profit.
    The first week was very difficult... detox. from sugar, caffeine, and my dependence of bad carbos. By week three the black bags and circles under my eyes subsided, I felt more energetic, and dropped alot of bad extra fluid weight.
    I retuned to normal society.. I have done ok since then but as I mentioned in my most recent messages I am now battling chronic blood borne Candida as a result of fighting illness with ABX. I am going back to Ann Wigmore Institute next month and staying until I break the Candida. My situation is now more than just CFIDS, Fibro., Cognitive, etc. Candida is a potentially deadly condition. If it is not checked, and eliminated it can eventually go to the brain... very much like Staph. I am very concerned...

I hope this helps... as far as food regimens go... If the moderator permits I can post the website for the Institute. They do not sell products, etc. You may be also to find it with the name anyway.

If I have crossed any message board policies by discussing the place kindly let me know.

Thanks,
    Dave