What Dinner would you reward yourself with and where??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by islandgirl2, Nov 12, 2005.

1. islandgirl2

islandgirl2 New Member

Thought it would be interesting to hear the diversity of favorite dining out establishments....no matter what kind of food it is. If you could pick just one place for a "reward" meal where is it, what's it called, and what's your favorite meal there? I really love a place south of Houston, Tx. that has a lunch buffet filled with wonderful Indian delights, flat bread, rice pudding with pistachios,
    things that make you feel you've been transported to a mysterious place. It's called Cuisine of India and its saved for special occasions not because of the cost but because I eat way too much! What's your special place to reward yourself? Make our mouths water......I'm hungry, can't you tell?
  2. abbylee

abbylee New Member

lasagna (sp?)
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

It would probably be MEXICAN. Real Mexican...not fast food! But, the next would be seafood dinner(clams,crab, shrimp...all the trimmings).

Man...this is making me hungry!!
  4. shalimac

shalimac New Member

I really want a 'sampler plate' of everything you all have mentioned: Italian, Indian, Mexican, Pizza, Etc. How about a little Pad Thai with a side of coconut curry prawns?
    Then, the ultimate reward...a couple of hours slowly grazing chocolate: truffles, cakes, fudge, mousse, tortes...and, of course, add some Caffé Latte, Cappuccino, Caffé Mocha. "THE ULTIMATE SAMPLING EVENT FOR CHOCOLATE LOVERS!" My stomach is upset just thinking about it, but my brain is 'smiling ear to ear'. This one is for real...The Twin Cities Chocolate Extravaganza.

5. tanyasue

tanyasue New Member

It is by the beach, with a great view. They have the world's best filet mignon-I've only eaten there at company gatherings. Great quiet atmosphere, and great food.....

Can I get a great man to go with me as well????

TS
  6. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

What a fun post!

My favorite meal (It would be lunch) would be at the Pine Inn in Carmel California, in the Garden room. It's a large, roundish room with a glass dome ceiling and lots of plants. The quality of the light is beautiful, and the tables are elegnantly set with linen table cloths and napkins, and crystal.
    Before the meal while waiting for my lucnch, I would have a "Krazy Koffee", which s coffee, brandy and Kalua, toped with whipped cream. (Really an after dinner libation, but who cares?)
    I would order a Crab Louie, which they serve with sourdough french bread, and Perrier with a twist.
    It would all be followed with a walk down to the beach. Ahhh what memories!

If I might just add, my reward breakfast would be at the Patisserie (spelling?), a tiny bakery , also in Carmel. There the tables are set with cloth tablecloths and the silverware, jam dishes and creamers etc... are all slver and miniature in size. I'd order a Danish and coffee, which comes in a little silver coffee pot. It's like a trip to Paris.

Gee, I miss Carmel!
    Thanks for this post, and giving me a chance to dream again.
    Terry
  7. islandgirl2

islandgirl2 New Member

Glad my little food fantasy was fun for you. I enjoyed your post about Carmel...I love it there and would live there in a minute if I could afford it. Such a majical beach that one has to almost go down into in calf deep sand. Ate at The Boar Head, Boars Breath...Clint Eastwoods little charming restaurant.....think it was actually the Hogs Breath....anyway..charming town. Will never forget Carmel-By-The-Sea. Enchanting. I was also a artist and art teacher....taught by Dominican nuns for 12 years. Maureen
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

Outback Steak House - a prime rib or other big juicy steak with seasoned fries, a salad, and a bloomin onion ring.

or maybe a steak and lobster dinner!

and of course, the best looking dessert off of their menu!!!
  9. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

At a restaurant near the beach. Our son lives there and next time we go we are splurging at a meal at Mama's Fish House!
    My son has been spear fishing lately and gets lobster and other varieties of fish, usually at night in the ocean. Can't get fresher than that! Wish I was there swimming now. It is truly heavenly in the water.
  10. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I would have a crabcake appetizer. I LOVE seafood.
  11. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Favortie food there...there Saled with there homemade dressing...I could just pig out on there Saled and bread sticks the whole time....

But I will ocassionally get there Lazanga as well...very good!!

It's a special treat for me because the nearest Olive Garden is a hour drive away, so I dont get to go often.

Hugs
    Bluerose
  12. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

It's called the L'oree du Bois. My husband and I have been a few times but I crave going there all the time. It's about an hour from our home in Ontario.

The restaurant is a renovated wooden farmhouse nestled in many trees. In the winter, when there's been a fresh snowfall, the place is lit up outside with tiny lights.

Candles on the tables inside give such a romantic setting and nobody rushes you out. There food is regional and exceptional. Deer, duck, rabbit...man I could go on forever.

It's been too long...I'll have to make a reservation!

Regards,

Eileen.
  13. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

The Red Lobster ( for crab alfredo)

2nd would be The Olive Garden. In fact, our city is getting their first one, it's under construction right now. Hope to be one of their first customers!!

Kinsie