What do "colds" do to recovery?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by isee, Sep 14, 2003.

1. isee

isee New Member

Last week I came down with a cold, which seems to be on the mend now. However, during the worst part I was taking Robitussin cough syrup and menthol cough drops (several a day). Both had corn syrup - sugar - in them, as well as other chemicals.

I'm wondering if putting sugar, into my body after months of
    a virtually yeast-free, sugar-free diet will undo the progress I've made.

I'm getting that "smoky" smell I used to get when I was still eating starchy foods, and perhaps, in a flare.

Have colds, and OTC cough/cold medications affected others'recovery?

Thanks,

Anna
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When I feel a cold coming on, I immediately suck on zinc logenzes with echinacea (sp?) and chew up some vitamin C. this helps tremendously.

The biggest help has been my zapper. If used early on, it will almost always stop viruses dead in their tracks. I bought mine from the Hulda Clark website and paid about $150 for it. There are cheaper ones out there, but the quality of the Clark unit is very good. Her website even tells how to build one's own. I do not recommend it, though as the homemade units have to be tested to ensure a proper wave shape.

I know that zappers sound like voodoo medicine but there is solid evidence in physics for how they work. I know they work because I have overused mine and had it produce Herx effects. Also, since using mine, the fungus on my toenails has completely cleared up.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Love, Mikie
  3. isee

isee New Member

For the get well sentiment. I did try Vit. C tx. It slowed cold down, but didn't stop it.

I'm worried now that I may have reversed the progress I've made by taking sugar laced cold meds. I'll look into the zapper for the next time.

I'm still wondering if OTC cold meds will cause flares that
    are reversible. Interesting in hearing more shares about OTC cold meds interfering with progress.

Anna
  4. WorldFalls

WorldFalls New Member

What's a zapper?
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have discussed them a lot in the past, or go to Dr. Hulda Clark's website and read about them.

In a nutshell, zappers are battery-operated, low-frequency, low-voltage gizmos which impart current to the body with a unique wave designed to kill pathogens in the bloodstream. Just using the zapper is a one-frequency-kills-all treatment. If you buy the new deluxe zapper, you can also buy little cards for it with discrete frequencies for particular parasites. I have just used the one frequency. I cannot feel the electricity although some claim to be able to feel it slightly. I do get a sense of tranquility when I use it. Perhaps it disrupts the seizure activity in the brain; I'm not sure. It may just affect brain waves and bring on a sense of calm.

Love, Mikie