WHAT DO I DO???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TMMK, Apr 11, 2006.

1. TMMK

TMMK New Member

My doctor diagnosed me with fibromyalgia a few months ago. Right after that I lost my insurance so it's not being treated in any way. This morning I woke up feeling like I've been hit by a truck. My whole body is so sore I can hardly move. Even the muscles in my hands hurt, how ridiculous is that. I'm to young to be feeling like this. I hate it. I just don't know what to do about this. Can anyone give me some advice?
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

...I am sorry you are going through FMS it is a very painful and frustrating disease. I have FMS as well and like you I haven't any insurance. Worrying about insurance doesn't make it any easier does it?

You might check around your area and see if there are any free clinics or a clinic that has a sliding scale fee. That is what I had to do.

These types of clinics use you income to see if you qualify.

I found a free clinic 70 miles from where I live and it has been a great, an answer to my prayers. I am very lucky that the people who work and volunteer there are great and treat all patients with respect and dignity that all humans have the right to.

It has been very a humbling experience for me to be in this situation. I was very embarrassed when I went for the first time but I got over it...my health is much more important than my pride at this point.

I am going to check and see if I can volunteer once or twice a month in order to give back (background in medical records/medical coding)...I don't know what I would do with out them.

If I can be of any help to you just let me know and I will try my best to help you find information.

I wish you the best of luck,

Karen
  3. fibrotina1

fibrotina1 New Member

Have you tried getting medicaid through your local social services department? I had to go that route when I lost my job and insurance. Are you working, going to file for SSD??

{{{hugs}}}
    FibroTina1
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Like Valium low dose and generic amitryptiline can help a lot. Can you afford to get a scrip made out and try those.

Does your state have unemplyed insurance or low income. Guthrie will see uninsured people for very low cost or free. They are excellent too. Not sure where you live, but think other big outfits like Guthrie may do same thing.

Have you applied for Medicaid???? If you do, don't have more than $1,000 in your checking.

Love Anne C
  5. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

There is a place called the Charitable Christian Clinic where people go with no insurance and can't afford medical care. My husband is a physical therapist and is volunteering there tonight as a matter of fact and sees fibromyalgia patients along with doctors. My doctor volunteers there too. Look in the phone book.

Generic Elavil is pretty cheap as well.

Hope that helps.

Deena
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

county even better...sometyimes there is person that lives there that can direct you in the rigt direction for help...

file for ssdi/or ssi now not later if you have not..

go to ssa.gov and disabilitysecrets.com