What Do I Take for Fever?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, Oct 31, 2005.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

My doc has told me to stop taking all over-the-counter pain-killers (i.e., acetominophen, ibuprofen and aspirin) because of high liver enzymes and the fact that I take a lot of Rx medication that can damage my liver. He prescribed generic Darvon for pain, but he didn't say what I should take if I get a fever (and I forgot to ask him the last time we talked).

I don't usually get fevers, but I want to know what to get ahead of time. Any suggestions from the medical folks out there?

--Laura R.M.
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

homeopathics? Belladonna is often good for fevers, but isn't always the best remedy. We have a kit of about 30 remedies and a booklet that goes with it. You look for key characteristics or symptoms and pick the homeopathic remedy which is the best fit. It has helped greatly when we have had fevers. Blessings to you. Jen
  3. dakotasweett

dakotasweett New Member

I also don't usually get fevers, so when I do I know that I probably have some kind of infection. Just don't forget to check with your doctor if you have a high fever and any other signs of infection. Taking a medication to lower a fever could be a band-aid to an underlying problem--such as an infection, and in such case you need to treat the problem, not just the symptoms.

Just a bit of info I thought I'd share,

-Vanessa

[ advertisement ]