What do these test results mean, for daughter?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopeful4, Jan 30, 2006.

1. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Can someone help me understand what this means? My daughter had some testing done. She is 27, frequently tired, draggy. Catches cold fairly often.

Also has digestive problems, like gas, bloating, upset stomach, constipation. Could be allergies, candida, or quite a few other things.

Periods have never really been monthly. Goes without periods for months at a time. Recently tested for hormones, but I don't have that info right now, but I could have her send it to me as well. In the past has used homeopathic and supplements/herbs from ND. Helped somewhat.

I believe she was just put on progesterone to see if that would regulate her period. Sorry, I realize now that I'm writing that I'm a little hazy on the details.

I suggested to her to have her T3 and T4 checked along with the TSH. I don't know if the T3 is free or whatever.

This is what she emailed me.

WBC = 11.73 **** This one is on the high end , the normal is 4.0-11.0k/uL
    RBC = 4.78
    Hemoglobin = 14.0
    Hematocrit = 42.7
    MCV= 89.3 (range 80-100)
    MCH = 29.3 (range 27-34)
    MCHC= 32.8 (range 32-36)
    RDW-CV= 12.6
    Platelet Count = 302
    MPV= 10.8
    TSH= 3.460 (range 0.400 - 5.500)
    T3= 83 *** this one is low, the normal is 94-170 ng/dL
    Free T4= 1.1 (range 0.7 - 1.8)

I have CFIDS/FM and Lyme, mycolplasma, candida, echovirus, low T3/T4, etc. My husband was just DX w/CFIDS/FM and Lyme is suspected, not yet tested.

Could we all be sharing bacteria, viruses, and infections that we had no idea we were??? My daughter lives out of state, but of course, at one time was here at home.

Thank you all for your help. Understanding the thyroid functioning is confusing for me. My daughter is a wonderful, special person and, like all mothers, I want the very best for her.

Wishing you the best,
    Hopeful4
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

One thing I noticed is that her TSH is outside of the *new* reference range.

AACE and American Association for Clinical Chemistry Laboratory Medicine Practice Guidelines: 0.3 to 3.0 new reference range.

Try making your doctor aware of that for starters.
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

AACE is the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Thank you everyone for your comments and information. I find this topic a difficult one to understand, and I see that there is different information and interpretation.

Sometimes a little information can be dangerous! Well, I'll ask if my daughter has seen an endocrinologist. With my brain-fog I just don't remember.

Thanks everyone for your care and concern. ((((()))))

Hopeful4