What do we do if Vicodin is yanked?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by baby-bear, Jul 1, 2009.

1. baby-bear

baby-bear New Member

Will they actually yank this helpful drug completely? Or will they just probably make it stricter to get? How can they take something off completely when SO many people like me and others need it so bad? What would we take next to help? Especially if a person like me reacts to SO MANY things? And I mean basically I react to everything? Any thoughts on this? And last but not least when would this usually take effect if the FDA does follow through with this ridiculous notion?
  2. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

just have your doc Rx oxycodone for you. It does come by itself without the tylenol (acetominophin) added. I've been getting it this way for years b/c I was concerned about the added acetominnophin -- if I'm spelling that correctly at all, LoL. I do take Fioricet w/codeine for my lifelong migraines and that also has the tylenol in it and I didn't want to have too much in my system. Shouldn't be a problem, hopefully.

Love & blessings
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Tylenol #3 and Darvocet are the only pain meds I have managed to take w/o severe reactions. I don't take either of those very often at all, but when I am really in pain, I need something. If they get rid of all tylenol-containing meds, then I am totally SOL.
  4. Engel

Engel New Member

All my DRs will give me is tramadol which don't do diddly squat. I have to get a toothache to get any good stuff. These abusive celebrities are going to make it more and more difficult for us regular people who need RXs to get them.