what do ya'll use for the achy pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynncats, Jul 22, 2010.

1. lynncats

lynncats New Member

flu like ache, that comes with this "fun" FM. I/and my dr. haven't found anything that I could take to relieve this pain. My whole darn body aches! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[This Message was Edited on 07/22/2010]
  2. lynncats

lynncats New Member

I also have spinal stenosis, DDD, scoliosis etc. So that just add's to this crud. Sorry to hear you have spinal stenosis also. You take care! I will ask my rheumy about the Norco on my next appt. in aug/sept., can't remember right now when it is.

3. kat211

kat211 New Member

or cyclobenzaprine is the generic. It has worked well for me. I have actually been taking less since I started cymbalta. My pain and fog have been much better since the cymbalta kicked in.

I hope you find something that works for you.
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

taking a hot bath--the hottest water you can handle. Add 2 cups of Ebson Salts. Take a big glass of cold water with you while you soak in the tub--20 minutes is the max. I rinse off with the shower, put on my jammies and go to bed.

The magnesium in the salt will help to pull out that achey feeling.

I also take Tramadol--gen for Ultram 100mg 3x a day
    Gabapentin--generic for Neurtoin 200 mg 3 x a day

As needed generic Robaxin 500mg--this helps the off & on spasms my script is for 1 tablet 4x a day, but I can't take it that much if I am working that day

Also take generic vicodin 5/325 1 pill 2-3 times a day

I take other meds for other things too and the vitamins I use are

Vit D 3 5000 IU a day (you should be tested by your dr. to check your level)
    Super B complex
    Flax seed oil caps 1-2 x a day
    Magnesium w/malic acid

I've been in a flare the last month or so, but I know that my meds DO help

Remember that different things work for different people.

I've been having sleep issues--even with Ambien--I really need to go back on the extended version but can't afford it

I have no health insurance so I have to keep my meds affordable.

Good luck to you.
  5. lynncats

lynncats New Member

for the info. Today, I'm aching sooo bad. My doctors has got to find somehthing that is compatible to my body that will help. Hoping you all are having a good Sunday!!!

6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

That all over achy feeling is awful! I know it well! When it gets really bad for me the only thing that helps at all is pain medication.

I know a lot of people who use Norco who have spinal stenosis. My Mom was prescribed it for one. I wouldn't be worrying about that issue.

I think we've all tried different coping mechanisms until we need something that will really work and relieve the pain. Hopefully you and your Dr. can work together to find something that work for you!

Do you have any muscle relaxers? Maybe a hot bath as suggested, then laying comfortably on a heating pad on your worst part, and if you have a muscle relaxer, I'd take one of those. That helps me sometimes.

Hope you feel better soon!!

7. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

First thing I do every morning and night is take 600 mg of magnesium. It is a lot but it helps so much. I have DDD and this is the only thing that helps with the nerve pain, not even narcotics help. I also started getting a lot of back pain from the fibro and I couldn't move. I changed my dose to 1,000 mg of magnesium and within a half hour I was pain free. I just use regular magnesium but be sure you buy a good brand otherwise you are just buying fillers and very little magnesium in the pills themselves. I've found Slow-Mag to work the best for me.

The epsoms salts and hydrogen perioxide bath helps a lot also. My problem is getting out of tub. LOL.

I also have muscle relaxants. Either Soma or Tizandine help a lot with the muscle aches.

If none of those help I take a percocet lather my legs with Aspercreme, sit in the recliner so my legs are elevated (also add a pillow under my legs) and turn on the heating pad. I usually only have to do this after I've really over-done things or in the winter here in WI.