What do you do during flu season?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tumnis, Oct 20, 2005.

1. tumnis

tumnis New Member

I was diagnosed with Chronic fatigue syndrome after i experienced multiple viral infections (ebv, cmv, parvo b-19, and possibly hhv6). during flu season, i have seemed to catch a lot of viral infections. b/c i am allergic to eggs and very sensitive to the mercury in the flu vaccine, i cant take it anymore. i thought i was going to die after taking the vaccine two years ago. so, do any of you have suggestions on how to beat the winter viris? what type of medicines do your doctors reccomend if you have reoccuring viral infections?
  2. bossco

bossco New Member

wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands!!!! I too have cfs, this is what I've done. I don't get the flu shot, it can be a problem with cfs people. I keep in my purse and car the hand sanitizer. Do drink lots of water. I take vitamin c thru the winter, whenever you are out don't touch your eyes or nose as that is a pathway for the germs to get in. and...stay away from people you know are sick. My husband gets the flu shot, he also will wash his hands when coming in from his work day. This sounds so simplistic and corny, but I haven't been sick with the flu in the last 10 years. I wish you wellness thru this season....
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

My ND recommends homeopathic Influenzium and Thymulin in place of a flu shot. She has in the past said that Oil of Oregano ( P73) and Allicin Max are excellent antivirals. I'm going to ask her next time if there ia anything else she would recommend given that there is a lot of concern about the flu this year.

Kathy.
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I totally agree with wash hands, wash hands, wash hands!

I keep Purell hand sanitizer in my car. I always use it when I am done pumping gas. I always use it when I have come in from grocery store shopping. I always use it after I have been anywhere public.

I don't do well with the flu shot. Haven't checked into the nasal flu vaccine. That may not have the same egg and mercury issues. It is worth checking out.

I like the Echinacea idea.

Katy