What do you do for exteme fatigue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mom2_1, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Mom2_1

Mom2_1 New Member

I can't even begin to describe this fatigue. I just want to sleep all day. It doesn't even matter if I sleep 9 hours at night. I have had trigger point injections for the pain and that helps tremendously with that. I have been taking the Fibro Complete vitamins for about 2-1/2 weeks and haven't really noticed any improvement. What do any of you do for this?
  2. needhelp01

needhelp01 New Member

I am experiencing the same problems with oversleeping, and have had these problems for about two and a half years (off and on). Just today, I had kids from my husband's youth group (he's a youth minister) call me from an event they are having and ask me why I'm never there. I was just too tired to go. I was humiliated and angry with my husband for letting them call me, but I know that they don't understand the suffering I go through with this. I don't want to be tired. I want to enjoy life again. There are all kinds of "medical" ways to help the situation, but I find that the best thing for me to do is get online and talk to someone, even a stranger in a chat room, when I'm going through this. I have found that you actually have to fight off the fatigue, and not just give in to it. Have you found that the more you sleep the more tired you are? Fight it off and get on here and talk to someone everyday until you start to notice a difference.
  3. Mom2_1

Mom2_1 New Member

No, I haven't noticed me being more tired when I get a lot of sleep. But I do understand what you're saying about husbands not understanding about that need. Mine doesn't think I need 8-9 hours a night. He just wouldn't like me if I didn't though!!!
  4. ericalauren

ericalauren New Member

I have very bad fatigue, so my doctor put me on Provigil. It makes me feel more alert, so I can be myself instead of just being tired! Also, I go walking everyday for about 20-40 minutes. That really helps me stay alert for the rest of the day. I hope these suggestions work and that your fatigue lessens! I know how much it stinks...
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

many w/ this illness do. I don't always, but I do sometimes. When I'm that tired I rest, conserve energy, let the housework and showers slide and save my precious energy for a few key things that help me in the long haul. I try to keep up at least a very light exercise regime, sometimes its reduced to a block of walking and/or just flailing and stretching arround, but i have to keep the muscles limber, or the pain is worse. The biggest thing I save energy for is to make extra good meals. Paying extra special attn. to diet, ignore the junk for a awhile, eat extra raw veggies (fruit if you tolerate, I don't), whole grains, lots of pure herbal teas and extra vit. C and B vitamins really will help the fatigue. It usually only takes a few days of this before I revive, but w/ my candida busting antifungals lately, which exhaust me to the point where its almost too much energy to breath, it can take a week or more.

jeanne