What do you do.. that you like to do that you are able to do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsBrandywine, Aug 9, 2008.

1. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

I think this question has been asked before.. but I know its way way back in the vault.. lol someplace.

I try to find some enjoyment in every day even tho I am in pain every day.. there are some days it is tolerable.

I have found that since I've been doing Karoake online.. that the breathing from the singing has helped me some.. its like Im getting more oxygen.. and I seem to be sleepin some better too..

If you like to sing.. C'mon over to simsonstage .. and sing.. Even if you think you cant sing.. Just stop in.. You can go in and listen for awhile if you are too shy.. Im rather shy but since I started this in Janauary this yr.. I signed up last July .. didnt dare to try to sing..LOL Finally in January I tried it. I know that I am getting more oxygen.. I can feel the difference.. plus if I am hurting really bad.. it takes my mind off of my pain somewhat..

I think with the anxiety and not relaxing fully it takes alot out of our bodies and we are using up our air..with the tension..
    I have found its strengthened my vocal chords too..
    It is free. Im not trying to advertize this site. Just trying to help to take our minds off the pain that we have every day.. Its Free to join too and you don't have to have anything special but a mic.. and they're cheap to get at Walmart!...

You're even welcome to come and hear my big mouth LOL if you want.. just click the members tab and search for Naturalwoman721. if any of you join from here.. let me know .. so I can listen to you and be your fan... and I can rate you.. :) as you can me.. if you want to rate.. then you need to sign up.
    if you have other things you do to give you some happiness.. and its fun to do.. lets let others know so we try to have some kind of a "normal" life!
    Im open to new suggestions too..:)
    We all need to have some happiness and Singing is good for the Soul!
    Hugs, Debbi~
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I love to sing and know that God has gifted me with the ability that I have. If I am fatigued, it makes me feel better.
  3. mermaid

mermaid New Member

Hi Msbrandywine,

I read your post because I am trying to find things to do that can bring me enjoyment, even when I don't feel well. Most of the things I love to do are too active for me now, unfortunately. But I do love to sing! I can sing on key (most of the time), but my voice quality is not so great, so I sing for my own enjoyment, and pretend I'm better that I am! LOL!! I went to the site you mentioned, and it looks like fun, although I'm not really interested in recording. I'd just like to sing along, but they only have 30 second sample of songs. If you join the site, can you sing along without having to record it?

Thanks, and keep singing,
  4. ironspine

ironspine New Member

What a great idea! I love to sing, too, and have embarrassed myself (and friends) many times doing karaoke. I often wondered if there was such a site to do this. Thanks so much for your idea! We need all the help we can get, and I'm sick and tired of crafting!
  5. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Sorry that I wasnt able to get back in.. have had some personal problems.
    Im glad you were able to check the site out.. The answer to your question Mermaid.. You can join.. and just record and not save it, if you like.. once you join you can listen and rate other people that sing..or save it as a personal recording.

Dont worry about if you think you cant sing!.. Sometimes we think we cant sing and we really can!.. :)

its just to relieve stress and gives one some self esteem.. plus its helped me.. I think getting more oxygen... and its helped strengthened my vocal chords..
    I think with the Fibro.. Its taken alot out of me and my voice was weak and rather a same monotone.. I guess you call it.. I've had people tell me how much better I sound and before it was hard to talk with me for it was the same and I talked too soft.. lol.. Now they can hear me!..

I think too that its good for our Soul.. and its soothing..
    There are alot of other great reasons for singing but .. at the moment I dont have time to type them all.. ..

The answer to the sites. its simsonstage.com and some use Singsnap.com...
    Sending healing hugs... Debbi~

If you do by any chance join and sing.. let me know so I can listen and give you a rating..
    As I said.. I joined last Summer and never got the courage to sing until this past January..

I can sing on there but .. still trying to work up the courage to sing in public.. LOL how crazy is that.. the whole world can hear me but I dont want them to see me.. Im trying to work my way up.. would love to go out and sing karaoke.. I used to sing in church.. when I was younger......... Not sure what happened to be overly anxious to sing in public now tho..