What do you eat/not eat/drink/not drink/take for supplements/meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ChristineInPA, Jul 26, 2006.

1. ChristineInPA

ChristineInPA New Member

I'm trying to take it all in and get some idea what works and what makes things worse.

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to hear about what you each do to try to get well and what you avoid that makes you feel worse.

I'm looking for examples of the foods you eat, the foods you avoid, suppliments, teas, juice, wheatgrass, etc. that are a part of your wellness plan.

I'm overwhelmed by the amount of information on the internet and it's too much for my foggy brain to take in.

I'm hoping to hear from you!
  2. Amarie3

Amarie3 New Member

Christine,

I'm new here but not new to fibro. I use Darvacet for pain (1 or 2, my choice) but try to limit it to once a day.

-- 2 (800mg) malic acid caps morning and night (3200 total)
    -- 1 (600mg) calcium morning & nite
    -- 1 (250mg) magnesium in the morning
    -- 1 Over 50, 'silver' vitamin mineral supplement at night (this contains 150mg magnesium)
    -- 1 B complex in the morning

I have other stuff that I take for diabetes and thyroid but the stuff above is what I take for fibro. I've been able to keep going pretty well. No mountain climbing or chopping wood but I manage to do some yoga and swim at the Y a few times a week.

I have found that quickly going to lie down for just a few minutes at the start of bad back fatigue or pain can sometimes stop a real crash. My family understands when I do this.

I have a self propelled vacuum cleaner and have finally learned to not overdo. Rest is the secret and I refuse to feel guilty about it anymore. If I push myself too hard I just end up a mess anyway. Hope this helps.
  3. cymbeline

cymbeline New Member

I avoid dairy and eat organically, i take magnesium, calcium, vitamin E, Ginkgo, and amino acids and polyenzyme forte with protien meals i also take probiotics.
    Valerian tea 1 hour before bed with my calcium and magnesium to help me sleep. I cleansed my digesive system to help me absorb nutrients as i wasnn't absorbing anything before that. I try not to mix protien and carbs if possible (although don't always manage to stick to this). I try to eat as much fresh veg as possibble and avoid processed foods. I dont' take any meds except ibuprofen if the pain is unbearable.
    I pace myself and rest even when i donn't think i need to and try not to overdo it on days i feel better. I got a cleaner for 1 hour a week which means my house is livable without me having to do much.
    This is not everyones way but it works ok for me
  4. ChristineInPA

ChristineInPA New Member

Keep 'em coming, please?
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm under doctor's care and use medication for pain, nausea & sleep (plus several other meds for other conditions). In addition, I use

Calcium
    magnesium
    vitamin d
    OMEGA 3.6.9
    Multivitamin
    PROTEIN Shake
    Green Tea
    Cherry Juice

God bless,
    Anne Theresa