What do you eat or drink to keep you "regular"-on lot of meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mastersinger, Mar 10, 2003.

1. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

I am on several meds, and have always had a difficult time staying "regular" I have gotten myself into some hurtful situations that perhaps could be avoided by drinking or eating the right stuff. I know fiber is great-but when cetricel isn't working,and you need progress fast,without taking an enema---what's a person to do?????
  2. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

and it's called Una de Gato. It's the only thing I've ever taken that really works. My naturopath told me I could discontinue all of "those" pills when finished with them (ha ha) but I have news for him - I'm not giving these up. Maybe he's never been constipated (?).

I hate metamucil and that type of thing.

But what works for one may not work for another. My pills are almost gone - can't afford but will find a way to get these!

Hope you find some good help on this board - I've never "met" so many people who have such good answers.

Pam
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

My problems with IBS-C began when I was only taking synthroid. They continued to worsen until I began taking digestive enzymes with my meals. I've been ill for the past three weeks and haven't been good about taking all my supplements, but I'm, doing OK without them. I still take magnesium and that could be helping the situation. Before it was not enough on its own to do the trick.

Barbara
  4. healing

healing New Member

Remember "MOM" -- Milk of Magnesia? I take 120 mg of magnesium daily. If I find I'm getting a little constipated, taking 240 mg at bedtime will solve my problem the next morning, gently and efficiently. I know some people who take much more, but my system would never tolerate more than the 240 mg. max. Also, lots and lots of water to keep yourself (and your bowels) hydrated. Hope this helps.
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

This has really been a day for constipation!

The very best thing I have found (and I have take the whole drugstore by now!), is a supplement called; 'Natural Calm'. It is a powered form of Magnesium Citrate. You mix one teaspoon full in hot water, it fizzes like an Alka Seltzer, and tastes like it too.

If you take it at night, you will go first thing in the morning. It does not upset my stomach like all the other laxatives do.

Its also good for Fibro pain, but if you take it too often it will give you diarrhea. You can find it in the Health food stores, its put out by Natural Vitality.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Shalom, Shirl