What do You Put in Those Hot/Cold Bags??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Jan 6, 2007.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Every inch of my body has been in pain for soo long now. I NEED some relief & thought I'd make one of those hot/cold packs, but not sure what can be heated in microwave...this young brain of mine is just not working today. Thanks so much. Nap time, but will check back later. Laura
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Oh, I have several, some 12 inches around, some long rectangles. For mine I use fabric and fleece sewn together. My innards are COW corn and cloves. I like the fabric, because it lets the moisture out, and I like the fleece, because it keeps you from excessive heat or cold. I have some big and round for belly cramps, and some square for shoulders, wrists, and some rctangular for draping over neck or shoulder.

My girlfriend liked mine and made her own. She used silky fabric and put rice and fresh lavendar in them.

For people who need portable heat when traveling, these can be popped in a travel mart microwave with no problem. (Except I'M thinking their microwaves might be gross, never mind that idea)
  3. abcanada

abcanada New Member

i'm going to make one tonight. My husband brough tme home a huge container of 'cold cream'. I sound pathetic, but I can't wait to dig in. I'm going to make one & do my huge pile of sewing !!! Thanks again, you guys are the 'BEST' for quick answers. Thats what I love about this board is that I can have a simple question answered before I can even be off the phone to have an appointment made. Hope you are all staying healthy, Laura