What do you recommend for the best pain meds?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Mar 20, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I am going to the doctor next week due to increased pain. It seems to be getting worse. I take a muscle relaxer and ambien to help me rest at night, but the daytime hours are very rough. I also take an antidepressant. I am unfamiliar with pain meds though. Any recommendations?
  2. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

The pill that worked the best for me was Amitriptylene(antidepressent). When I firs started it, I felt cured it helped so much. Cymbalta is also one that has helped me and my antiflammitory Mobic.

Hope this helps.

Halo
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

You didn't say what you have but a lot of FM/CFS folks start out on Ultram, tramadol is the generic. I take Lortab 10/500 but it is mainly for facet syndrome in my lumbar spine.

Good luck on your doctor appt.
    Tona
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

Thank Yall for the info. I wrote all of them down. Maybe one of them will help.
  5. coogrrr

coogrrr New Member

I deal with severe pain due to FM and use Vicodine as the pain control HOWEVER!!!! Please look here and may i suggest Lyrica/Pregabalin.

http://www.drugdevelopment-technology.com/projects/pregabalin/

Coogrrr
  6. jole

jole Member

My doc has me taking Ultram 100 mg and 2 Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours. It usually does take the edge off well enough unless I'm flaring. It is also fairly easy to get since it's not a narcotic. The Ibuprofen just gives it more of a kick-start. Is good as a first med to measure your pain by.

Friends - Jole
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

I've tried magnesium. It helps me very little. Thanks though!!!
  8. code34me

code34me New Member

Ultracet with a regular dose of Tylenol helps. I take Cymbalta 90mg a day and ativan 1mg at night. There sure are alot of people who take Ultam or Ultracet here! It is non-narcotic and that is why I was givin it by doc. I asked for somthing non-narcotic becuase of haveing small children and with the fog I cant even take anything dopey (I am already that way LOL) I have not been in sever pain since I started Cymbalta about a year ago just in pain! Wich is a good thing as we all know. Except for the Migrane I got a couple of weeks ago when I went out with my highschool girl friends (wich we do once a year) and got a migrane!!!! They were rubbing my neck and had hot compresses on me and all I could do was moan and groan! What alot of fun I was, life of the party! Stupid FM!!!!

Well I just went off didnt I?????
    Oooopppppppsssss
    Codey