What Do You Sleep In? With Undies, or Without Undies?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, May 20, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

We were all just talking about comfy undies, so I thought I would ask how you are most comfortable sleeping .... you know, what in: pjs, long or short nightgowns, tee shirts and sweats, in your birthday suit!!!! LOL

Cotton, flannel, silky materials?

Do you sleep with undies on, or without?

We used to have these polls (discussions) at our lunch table where I used to work. It was always a kick to see how everyone is so different!!

OK - here's my answer:

I like to sleep in long silky nightgowns, because I toss and turn all night and it is sooooo much easier to turn over in bed in silky material (pjs or nightgowns, but I prefer long nightgowns).

Also, I don't like the elastic of underwear on at night, so I sleep without the undies on!! You could say that I sleep in the nude--under my nightgown!! LOL

Since all the kids are gone, and we don't have to worry about small kiddies crawling in bed with us, I don't have that worry about sleeping properly clothed!!
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I sleep with underpants on. I also sleep in a short cotton nightgown summer or winter, because I seem to be hot all the time.

After I eat a warm dinner, in the summer, I will start to sweat on my head and have to go to the family room to sit under the ceiling fan until I can cool off.
    I guess this is a temperature thing due to damage from 28 years of diabetes.

3. craziC

craziC New Member

I usually sleep in boxer shorts - no undies underneath and a tank top of some sort. Sometimes just a t-shirt and nothing else. I can stand undies when I sleep, they always end up places they shouldn't be!
  4. Tumbly

Tumbly New Member

I sleep in a nightgown but I have had to cut the sleeves out of it due to the pain of lying on the seams - I also have a sleep T-shirt which has no seams in the sleeves but I find that creases in nightwear can hurt also. Silky material sounds good to sleep in to me!
  5. kbak

kbak Member

I sleep in the raw. It's the only way I'm comfortable. I can't stand the feel of underware even during the day, and ditch it any time I can.
  6. annabella39

annabella39 New Member

I prefer to sleep w/ no panties. I don't like anything around my legs when I sleep either. I have lounge pj's for wondering around the house but would rather sleep neekid *lol*

7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

to sleep in the buff, when teenager is gone! Nothing to fight with at night. I mean pj wise, not son wise! LOL

I also love, short soft cotton night gowns, if I have too! Socks are an option depending on my body temp....like 94, until I heat back up to 96.8!!

This is fun! Educating too! LOL

[This Message was Edited on 05/20/2005]
  8. slamina

slamina Member

I am really weird when it comes to wearing undies! My mom always told us to sleep without them because our vaginal areas need time to air out. I never could figure what she meant until I passed puberty LOL. I have always had a discharge and thought after my hysterectomy it would maybe stop. But I still have to wear a panty shield everyday! Now I can't put underwear on without one even for a couple hours. So to save on money, I just stay underwearless until I shower or get dressed. Which can be late afternoon on most days. Why waste a panti shield for a couple hours?? Right? I can't sleep in anything that's past my knees because it gets wrapped around me during the night. I love to sleep naked but it gives my husband ideas that I'm not interested in. Does anyone have that problem??
  9. Donna623

Donna623 New Member

You are to funny.I sleep in half length jammy bottoms and a tank top.I to sweat at night and feel more comfortable this way(no underpants).Sometimes I'll sleep in one of my man's t-shirt.He like's the way I look in them....

Have a great weekend everyone
  10. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I sleep in my birthday suit - I always get any type of PJ's all twisted up....the ol man does too - beside's our bedroom gets hot - even with heat turned off and window open.

We lock our bedroom door - so any night time visit from the kiddo's we are woken first and can get appropriate.
  11. libra55

libra55 New Member

I wear very loose cotton nightgowns that I buy on sale. Not the short ones and not the long ones, they fall mid-calf.

I never wear underwear to bed. I was always told we should allow some air circulation to those delicate personal areas and that sleeping without underwear was best.

Truth of it, I'm most comfortable sleeping buck naked, and if I lived alone that's the way I'd sleep, but with the husband, children and frequent houseguests, no way!

12. teene

teene New Member

jammie shorts in summer , crop jammie pants other seasons and a tankie no seams lol teene
  13. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Good thing I don't have stock in the underpants companies. lol I am the only one wearing them day and night.

My hubby wears underpants, a T-shirt, pj's tops and bottoms, plus a knit hat because he is cold all the time. I like to run the ceiling fan most of the time.
    lol Now I feel like a real old woman with the way I dress at night.

I do have my grown son living here and if he gets up during the night he could see my butt since my gown is so short, so better I have underpants on then not.

Well I guess I'm the freak out of the lot of you all. lol

14. nathansmom

nathansmom New Member

As for me I like to sleep in boxer shorts and a muscle shirt in the summer or just a muscle shirt but due to my husband I very rarely sleep without underwear.

I am thinking about trying it though because I have another yeast infection.

In the winter though I have some pj pants I sleep in with the muscle shirt.

I used to sleep in gowns mostly but I have the problem with them getting twisted at night and that drives me nuts.

[This Message was Edited on 05/21/2005]
  15. joyegail

joyegail New Member

We sleep in the raw, and i'm like others, can't stand the feel of underwear at all. i only wear it when i'm wearing a dress, and sometimes not then, LOL.

16. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

I sleep in cotton pj"s and sometimes cotton nighties.
    I also sleep in silk pj"s plus silk nighties aswell,& i also sleep naked especially in the summer.
    I don"t normally wear knickers,i only wear them when it"s my period.
    Very gentle + soft hugs to you (((((((.
    Fibrolady 37.
  17. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

kids I went comando. Now with the threat of being awakened at any time I wear a long T shirt and knit boxers. I miss sleeping in the buff!
  18. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Shelbo :)
  19. JLH

JLH New Member

You would think that I have only one silky nightgown, because all of them that I own are black!

Black is sexy, but I have big boobs and a big belly, so when I am walking around the house in my gown, I don't want anyone to be able to see thru it!! I'm really self-conscious!

My belly is also why I don't wear pjs -- can't stand to feel the elastic around my waistline--even if it's loose!!

My hubby goes to bed at 7:00 pm!! No joke!! However, he gets up at 1:00 am, sometimes when I'm just GOING to bed!! He stays up and watches movies, smokes a few cigarettes (ugh!), and drinks at least one pot of coffee.

Then he'll come back to bed. His body temp. is extremely high--so when he gets in bed, I'll be burning up in no time and have to shed the covers.

Also, after tossing and turning all night, my silky gown will be all twisted around and halfway up my body.

Then, after he's been up all night, drank a pot of coffee, he is still awake, and then the "problem" arises like one of you girls mentioned earlier about sleeping in the buff!!!!!!

But I've only been asleep a short time!

We don't have the problem of kids at home, but I just bought a beautiful furry Himilayan kitten about 5 months ago. She is getting really big now, and sooooo soft and furry.

But, after my husband comes back to bed ..... she comes into the bedroom and jumps on the bed and walks all over us until she finds a spot to lie down.

This gets hubby all disturbed!!! He's telling her to get down .... he has other ideas!!! Sometimes I find myself hoping she just settle down right between us!!!! so I can get some sleep!!!

This always ruins my day since I'll have to go back to sleep after he leaves for work at 7:30 am and then I sleep until noon and the day is gone!!

Oh well, got off the subject a little!!!

But I'll loaf around in my cool silk gown until I decide to change into one of those long lounging dresses/robes thingys!!
  20. Tumbly

Tumbly New Member

This has been so funny. What an entertaining lot you are - really cheered me up I read the replies to my mum and we had a good old laugh.