What do you take for Gerd??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Dec 9, 2005.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I had read on another post that Meds for Gerd are not the same as meds for reflux.

What do you take for Gerd?

Thanks,
    SherylD
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

is what I take. I have also used "the little purple pill" until it was reclassified by my insurance and the price went up.
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Keep diet non-acidic........watch sugar intake......
    If it comes on, there's a product by Enzymedica called "Acid Soothe" (herbs) from health food store, and Enzyme Therapy's DGL (licorce; no sugar in it).

LIGHT**********carole

P.S. if I eat too many protein foods which are acidic, I'll get it (and w/sugar).
  4. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thanks for responding...

I go in Jan. to the gastro. I will have to mentiong the emptying test to them.

I am not looking forward to the test. I had all the test done when I was in 6th grade. I was in the hospital for a week having all these test done and all they came up with was the IBS. Which I know I still have problems with. But now I think it is more than just that.

Right now it is the feeling of throwing up all the time. I went off the Nexium a couple days ago because someone on another post that I posted recomended it. And I do feel a little better already. I just think that I am on the wrong med. I picked up some Prilosec. I am going to wait and see how I feel. I thought I would try that if I start feeling really bad.

I'm reading so much about not eating sugar... WELL I am a sugar freak! I'm wondering if that it not most of my problem. I just crave it soooo much. I don't know how I would stop eating it.

I just wondered about the Gerd with feeling like I am going to throw up all the time.

Thanks again,
    SherylD

5. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Interesting stuff that I may have gastroparesis and not GERD or reflux. I'm going to investigate that.

Just a word of caution from my experience. I went off my losec becuase I have been feeling fine and didn't see the point of taking it. I was fine for about a month and then all hells acre hit.

I had the worst attack ever. So much acid into my ears lungs. Even going to the bathroom felt like passing fire ( number2 not 1... sorry for the description)

I had to go back on Losec at a double dose and it still took over a month for things to settle down, let alone what it did to my throat in the meantime.

I take my medicine faithfully now, even if I think I'm fine.

Regards,

Eileen.

6. fibrofirend44

fibrofirend44 New Member

What I take now is Prevacid and so far it has helped me a lot. I had terrible heartburn...GERD and reflux both....dragon city every day. But Prevacid does the job.

I had taken Nexium and Aciphex prior...they worked but not as good as Prevacid....but Prevacid is expensive and some insurence do not want to cover it...

You have to stick to just one type of med, unless told by your doc to change them. changing meds could be dangerous to your health.

aq
    [This Message was Edited on 12/10/2005]
  7. SherylD

SherylD Guest

What is MSM? I have seen other people talk about it.

Thanks for replying!

SherylD
  8. silky17

silky17 New Member

Doc says just propping up yourself still restricts the flow of your stomach. Raising it up makes it flow wether you want it to or not. She also gave me Zantac and no eating after 6:pM.

It helped allot untill I started eating later. Good luck to ya,

Silky
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I take 30 mg of Prevacid twice a day. My husband and friend are on Acidphex and I also took Nexium at one time.

According to my doctor, they are all good drugs for GERD.
  10. jake123

jake123 New Member

Is that something called DMSO? Dimethyl sulfoxide?

I take Nexium.
  11. shell3

shell3 New Member

hi shery, i too suffered from gerd. i now take nexium and watch what i eat 2 or 3 hours before bed. that does make a big difference.what a pain having gerd! i hope you can get your"s under control. nexium works good for me. good luck, shell

[ advertisement ]