What do you take for nausea?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by renjanson, Dec 28, 2008.

1. renjanson

renjanson New Member

I have been experiencing more nausea than normal lately.

Does anyone else have this symptom?

What do you take for it?

What is the difference between chlorpromazine or prochlorperazine?

Or what about reglan?

I would appreciate any advice you could give me.
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

have you ever tried ginger for nausea?? when i first got sick, i was nauseated ALL the time. you can get candied ginger from a health food store or large supermarket. i would chew some when i felt the nausea coming on, and it really helped. it's good for your tummy and cant hurt a bit.
  3. star273

star273 New Member

Or in other words Phenegren. My Dr. gave me a prescription for 25 mg. I break it in half and then in half again. So I just take a quarter... If its really bad, I take a half of one, but the 1/4 usually helps the nausea and doesnt make me tired.. Ask your Dr. about it. It really helps...
  4. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have had nausea every day for my entire life. Most of my early years it went untreated. I have now got a few meds that work for me. I found that Lyrica did a lot to help my IBS which in turn helped my nausea a little. For the rest I use Reglan 3-4 times a day and then I use Promethazine for "breakthrough nausea". It seems to work fairly well. At least I can eat now...there was a time when all I had a day was 2 nutritional drinks and 1 protein bar.
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Oh My! dragon06, bless your heart; I couldn't imagine being nauseas everyday of my life. I've had things like a virus with nausea and also migraine headaches with nausea but wow; to be like that everyday is just un-imaginative. I feel so bad for you; does your doctor know what causes this or have you had any kinds of tests done? I just don't know what else to say; God Bless You.

My apology, renjanson, for breaking in on your post and the only thing that I've heard about for nausea is phenagran or medicated suppositories. I hope you will get this under control.

6. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

Have you had this checked out with your specialty doc? If you are throwing up more than once to twice a month maybe your doc should run a couple test? Aso, do you have a foul taste in your mouth or some order even after brushing? Do you also have some nasal and throat discharge along with the nausia? Stomache discomfort especailly after eating, blaoting and pain in rectum and upper GI? Place your hand in front of your mouth, if it smells unusual and you have these other symptoms it wouldn't hurt tp have your doc run an H pylori lab work. It wouldn't hurt anyone to have this checked out if you have any of these or all symptoms. H pylori if left untreated can casue major digestive problems that could lead to stomache cancer if left untreated. My intial test while hospitalized was negative. Later my Rheumy ran special lab work that showed a high positive result. Since treatment, my nasal passage and throat are much more clearer, less throat infections, but still having some upper and lower GI problems. Get it checked out please.
  7. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Thank you for your concern. My doctors think it might be a form of Gastro Paresis but since we have it fairly well controlled for the time being we have been dealing with my other many issues instead. When things calm down a little I will get an endoscope done and then a stomach emptying test and then we will maybe have some more answers.