What do you think I should do about my meds Lexapro/Effexor ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by roxyspanky, May 22, 2003.

1. roxyspanky

roxyspanky New Member

Hello,
    I went to my Fibro doctor today and he put me on Lexapro 10mg. I am to be on Effexor 75mg but, I didn't tell him I went off 3 weeks ago. I went though the withdraw pretty hard the first week. I know it is still in my system. I also take Flexeril 10mg. He wants me to take the Lexapro in the morning and my other two pills at night. I didn't ask if he was going to be taking me off the Effexor later. Should I get back on Effexor or should I leave things be, since I already had the withdraw of it? Is anyone else on two depression drugs? I hate the thought of being so dependant on drugs. Or maybe I should stay off the Effexor and see how Lexapro goes with out it?
    Thanks, Marcy
  2. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I have heard of several people being on two antidepressants. I think one is for energy and the other for sleep when they do this. I didn't like Effexor all that much and if you have already weaned yourself off, I would see how it goes with the lexapro alone.
    This is just my opinion though. That is what I would
    do. I have never been on two at the same time - I realloy don't like the idea of it for some reason. It''s just me, though.
    Good luck,
    Lynn
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  4. roxyspanky

roxyspanky New Member

I am new to this board, what does bump mean? More information? Sorry.
  5. chuggie

chuggie New Member

I too am on 2 different anti-depressants. I take Zoloft and Elavil plus Neurontin. Only problem i have is that the Elavil leaves me sooo groggy the next day that I think I'm going to stop taking it.