What do you think of the new forums?

Discussion in 'What do you think of the new forums?' started by PHXenMaster, Jul 26, 2013.

1. PHXenMaster

PHXenMaster Administrator Staff Member

Now that the new forums have been up for a few months, we'd like to know what you think.

What do you like or not like?

Are there new any features or functionality that you would like to see added?

Would adding additional sub-forums (breaking the current forums into more specific sections) be helpful?

Please submit your feedback and suggestions below.

Thank you for being part of the ProHealth community!
  2. tooks

tooks Member

@PHXenMaster

Tagging! As above.
  3. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi, Hope you are doing well. Please help me. I do not see how to start a new conversation on the Forum and I am sure I've seen it before. Wondering if I am just brain fogged and it's there right in front of me, but I've spent some time looking for it and thought I might as well just take the short cut and ask you for help. Thanks! Michele
  4. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

Hi Michele. Please see How to Post a New Thread
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Michele, go into the forum you want to post in, and then if there is a sub-forum, go into the appropriate one, and you will see "post new message" on the right hand side.
  6. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Well, I found the new format very confusiating. But what can one expect after 20 years of brain
    fog and several years of Alzheimer's? Anyhoo, I have pretty much caught on now. I especially
    like being able to see all the message on the same page when I am responding to same.

I do think the CFS/Fibro page would be less confusing if the discussion area were the first entry at the
    top of the page.

At any rate, the Pro Health Board has been a major part of my life for the last 8 years. It is my only
    social life and the source of info, support and laffs. Thanks, Pro Health.

Rock
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I love the new forum but, like many of us, struggled to learn it. Over the last year, I've had a bad head injury and shoulder surgery with months of pain before and after the surgery. I am not alone in feeling horrible or being in a mental fog and I'm sure our members will have to get used to this new forum. I am still discovering new features, mostly with the help of our members whom I'm supposed to be helping :)

Love, Mikie
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I have mixed feelings about the board. Awhile ago I could not find a thread I had seen only a day or two before. There so many places to check, it can be difficult to find things. And to see what people are currently posting, you have to go into so many different sections, I think a lot may be overlooked. On the old board it was very easy to see new posts and to track old ones. e.g., Posts that might be appropriate under immune support might be posted under general discussions so you can't just go to immune support to find info, you've got to go into all these different sections. And people might not see your post, say, on energy, because they're looking in the general discussion section.

Mary
  9. tooks

tooks Member

I am quite used to this software. I couple of tips: instead of going to the different subforums to hunt things down, click on "What's New" every time you enter and it will show you just those threads that have been updated since you were last here.

You can also "follow" thread that you are interested in and you will receive an alert when something new is posted there. To do this click on your user name at the top and in the drop-down menu you will see "watched threads." List any thread you want to watch. You can also "follow" members--look in the same drop-down menu for "People you follow."

Then if you want to search for something, forget the built in search engine--it is lousy. Go to google, type your subject and forums.prohealt.com and you are likely to find it.
  10. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thanks for the tips, tooks! Will give it a try --

Mary
  11. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hey! Thanks for the info about "What's New", Tooks. I plan to be tooking your advice.
    Got some jokes from my sister. I looked on the net for something silly to send her. Found
    this: Procrastinate now, don't put it off.

Rock
  12. peeple

peeple Member

I've always been reading members' posts but since you have updated the design of the forum I decided to get involved! I hope I will meet interesting people :D
    naomi. likes this.
  13. Marta608

Marta608 Member

14. Marta608

Marta608 Member

This is only the second time I've come back since the new format. I think it's very confusing. I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it! And it was fine.

Marta
  15. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

It took me a little time to get used to it, but I find I really like it now. Everything has it's own place, so if I want some FM research, I can go there. If I need some chit chat I can go there. If I have a question about FM I can post there and know someone will answer me.
  16. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I'm not wild about it, but I'm here, but less.

Talking to my brother the other day and I forget the subject but I said to him "I keep things simple" and he replied, "you always did"....
  17. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I never come here anymore because of the new forum. That makes me very sad...feel like I lost a support system when I need it most. So thanks a bunch Prohealth.
  18. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Laura, don't totally go away, come on with issues FOR YOU....and be here less, that's what I do for the most part. Offer some help you may know.... jam
  19. day2day

day2day Member

Not liking it at all :(
  20. mariee

mariee Member

Rarely come here since new forum. As others have stated, it is cumbersome and confusing. I have noticed a big drop off in people posting and answering questions. I mostly read abstracts, since they are well organized.