What do you think of the new forums?

Discussion in 'What do you think of the new forums?' started by PHXenMaster, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Jamin it is right here. (just click that blue here to go there) On the top of the page is a search form that helps to find back posts.
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I oersonally preferred the old board!
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I do not like the new chat, it is very confusing. General chat, new chat....why can't it just be CHAT?? Why do you have to drag the name of the person you want to chat with to another window to invite them??
  4. Davidsmith009

Davidsmith009 Member

Hello everyone, I like this forum. It is very helpful for useful discussions.
  5. IanH

IanH Active Member

I think these forums are well organised. I don't waste time reading through posts which I am not interested in. More than the forums I like the new way the abstracts and face page are now organised Well done PH.
    TigerLilea likes this.
  6. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

7. richcarson

richcarson Moderator

Thank you very much Ian! It's been a labor of love. We are redesigning the disease homepages too, and I think they will revolutionize the way patients get their information. Plus we will be adding user a user generated treatment/remedy rating program where patients can rate things they've tried. I think this will provide a great new resource to patients while researching possible treatments in their healing journey. In the meantime, we are doubling our product selection by 100% in the next five months, and by 400% by the end of next year. We want to carry all the products that patients want. ProHealth is on the way to becoming a better, more effective company.
    bct and lydia1 like this.
  8. IanH

IanH Active Member

Rich. You are doing a great job. I really appreciate all the work you have done. I learn a lot from coming here.
    The setup is marvelous. Your staff are also doing a great job in finding the research on these devastating diseases. The research is so important for us all to piece together the full picture of the illness. Studies like that from the Swedish group recently posting is telling us more that we are dealing with "autoimmune" like processes in ME, FM and in MCS. Your site is complementary to other sources which it is hard to keep up with. So thanks again.
  9. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I hardly ever come here anymore. Most of the folks I remember are gone. I never have been able to use this board like I did the old one.
  10. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I miss you too Freida. I wish there was a way we could all talk again. Most of the group are gone. I have tried many times to use this board but it's just too confusing for me. I think it's those of us with ME/CFS that have the most trouble with it.

Maybe we could use the conversation function and see if anyone responds. Do you know how to do that?
  11. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I have forgotten how to use it, it's been awhile. I'll have to read up on it again. I can't remember these functions for very long. Maybe someone will see our posts and give us some advice!

I know you can have a conversation by typing in the screen name of one or more members, up to 5 I think. Then you can all have a private conversation with each other. I have some names written down in a book of some of the others that we used to chat with.
  12. gb66

gb66 Active Member

Leah Freida, I was thinking of asking the admininistrator if we could have a place for those who are homebound and/or bedbound. It would be so much easier to go there instead of looking at so many places. I really am too ill now to do much on here.

There are degrees of disability with ME/CFS and maybe with FM also that a lot of other illness don't deal with.

I know, for me, the symptoms have increased so much over the years and after 35 years with both these illnesses, as well as other conditions to cope with, I am about 98% disabled. Only leave home for medical appointments and can only be on my feet for about 10 or 15 minutes at a time. I've had to use a wheelchair for the last 3 years. What do you think about having a section for homeboun/bedbound sufferers?
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Soul* likes this.
  13. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Freida and gb66 - All you have to do to see new messages is click onto "What's New" near the top of the screen underneath the banner and the green line that says "Forums Home" "Forums" and "Members". This new forum format is much better as all of the groups are together in one area, whereas before you had to leave one group to see messages in another group. Now all of the new messages from all of the groups are in one area and you can just click from one to the next. :)
  14. gb66

gb66 Active Member

Leah, I sent two posts to the administrator about having a bedbound/homebound section but haven't heard anything back as yet. I hope they got my messages. I think I did it right.

I noticed you mentioned post polio syndrome or post viral syndrome in one of your other responses. Do you ever wonder if this illness, CFS, is related in any way to some form of polio? My symptoms are so severe, much more so than a lot of folks on this board and it seems from reading your posts , that you are very ill also.

I know it's hard to measure, but a lot of people do have more energy and are able to do a lot more than others on here. I was able to do a lot in the beginning even though I knew I was ill with something very strange. I did work part-time and went to college part-time for the first 7 years. Then, I just got sicker and sicker despite going to the doctors and doing my best to stay active.

It was never about giving up or being depressed, I had a lot of things I wanted to do. I just continued to go downhill physically no matter what i did. Was this your experience? It started for me in 1978 with a viral like illness that was about 10 times worse than the mono I'd had as a teenager. I haven't had a well day since that time.
  15. HornPlayer

HornPlayer Member

I don't like the new forum. I used to come to this forum daily. I rarely come now. I feel like a good resource is now lost to me.
  16. jamieharris

jamieharris Member

Just joined yesterday and I love it here. So much info and so much help :)
  17. I like the layout. A couple of suggestions, the "sign in" is not intuitive. If you aren't logged in the only option is "sign up" (which granted once clicked does let you sign in). Perhaps, changing that button to "sign in/up" or "Login / Register" might make it easier, as well as increase the # of people who do sign up.

I noticed the earlier question about starting a new post. I've found in other forums I frequent that having a "new post" in addition to a "reply" post within threads is helpful, as quite often we think of new posts to start while reading an existing post, and by the time we jump back out to the top of the forum we (especially those of us with chronic pain related fog) may have forgotten the question.
  18. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Hi! It's Fighty here! What happened to everything? I haven't been online for over a year and a half, and I don't like it because I can't find mmy way around.

:(
  19. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Fight! What a happy surprise to see your name here! I hope you will adjust to the new forum, and keep posting.

One thing I find to be really helpful is being able to read all the former posts in a thread - so much easier to respond to people this way.
  20. Hello everyone! I'm new in here

I hope I see some of you guys on the , and I hope I can gain a reputation on this forum! That's all there is to my intro, thanks for reading.