What do you think of the new forums?

Discussion in 'What do you think of the new forums?' started by PHXenMaster, Jul 26, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Some one told me to go to "what's new" to find what's new and I've been going there and don't find the new post on
    "supplement risks"....Why is that....

Too much work to find things here....
  2. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

Hi Jam. It looks like you had replied to the Supplement Risks post, correct? The What's New? page shows "all unread threads from ProHealth ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia Forums." So since you posted on that thread, you had technically "read" it, and so then it didn't show up on your What's New? page.
  3. jaminhealth

Yes, Holly, I replied to that "new" post, but I don't even see it when it was originally posted in what's new, aren't all new posts showing up there...guess I'm confused...., don't need to explain anymore thou. thanks.
  4. tooks

tooks Member

Hi,

It doesn't show your own posts unless you click on "all recent posts" at the top left of the list of new posts. It will also show your post if you click directly on the thread--it is there!
  5. jaminhealth

Hi, can you tell me where the "supplement risks" post is, which group here? I can't seem to find it. thanks...jam
  6. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Jamin it is right here. (just click that blue here to go there) On the top of the page is a search form that helps to find back posts.
  7. jaminhealth

Soul, click what "blue" and go, what blue will get me to the post on "supplement risks"....jam
  8. jaminhealth

That post i've been looking for as to where it's posted is in the Treatment and Therapy section....so many places to look and who would look there, I sure didn't until right now....

Too many places to try to find things here....jam
    bct likes this.
  9. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I oersonally preferred the old board!
  10. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I do not like the new chat, it is very confusing. General chat, new chat....why can't it just be CHAT?? Why do you have to drag the name of the person you want to chat with to another window to invite them??
  11. jaminhealth

Bead, I don't "need" to use the chat thing, I turn if off, if I want to address someone, I go to chit chat or wherever, but others seem to like the chat function....never used the chat rooms in the old days....so nothing changes for me. But I post a lot here in spite of not "loving" the new forum.....certainly more complex... jam

Sorry to hear you fell, we can't be too careful. I'm amazed at myself, I'm pretty unstable with all the changes in my body from hip replacement, so I really concentrate when I walk....so far no falls, hate to think about one....
  12. Davidsmith009

Davidsmith009 Member

Hello everyone, I like this forum. It is very helpful for useful discussions.
  13. IanH

IanH Active Member

I think these forums are well organised. I don't waste time reading through posts which I am not interested in. More than the forums I like the new way the abstracts and face page are now organised Well done PH.
    TigerLilea likes this.
  14. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

15. richcarson

richcarson Moderator

Thank you very much Ian! It's been a labor of love. We are redesigning the disease homepages too, and I think they will revolutionize the way patients get their information. Plus we will be adding user a user generated treatment/remedy rating program where patients can rate things they've tried. I think this will provide a great new resource to patients while researching possible treatments in their healing journey. In the meantime, we are doubling our product selection by 100% in the next five months, and by 400% by the end of next year. We want to carry all the products that patients want. ProHealth is on the way to becoming a better, more effective company.
    bct and lydia1 like this.
  16. IanH

IanH Active Member

Rich. You are doing a great job. I really appreciate all the work you have done. I learn a lot from coming here.
    The setup is marvelous. Your staff are also doing a great job in finding the research on these devastating diseases. The research is so important for us all to piece together the full picture of the illness. Studies like that from the Swedish group recently posting is telling us more that we are dealing with "autoimmune" like processes in ME, FM and in MCS. Your site is complementary to other sources which it is hard to keep up with. So thanks again.
  17. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I hardly ever come here anymore. Most of the folks I remember are gone. I never have been able to use this board like I did the old one.
  18. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I miss you too Freida. I wish there was a way we could all talk again. Most of the group are gone. I have tried many times to use this board but it's just too confusing for me. I think it's those of us with ME/CFS that have the most trouble with it.

Maybe we could use the conversation function and see if anyone responds. Do you know how to do that?
  19. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I have forgotten how to use it, it's been awhile. I'll have to read up on it again. I can't remember these functions for very long. Maybe someone will see our posts and give us some advice!

I know you can have a conversation by typing in the screen name of one or more members, up to 5 I think. Then you can all have a private conversation with each other. I have some names written down in a book of some of the others that we used to chat with.
  20. gb66

gb66 Active Member

Leah Freida, I was thinking of asking the admininistrator if we could have a place for those who are homebound and/or bedbound. It would be so much easier to go there instead of looking at so many places. I really am too ill now to do much on here.

There are degrees of disability with ME/CFS and maybe with FM also that a lot of other illness don't deal with.

I know, for me, the symptoms have increased so much over the years and after 35 years with both these illnesses, as well as other conditions to cope with, I am about 98% disabled. Only leave home for medical appointments and can only be on my feet for about 10 or 15 minutes at a time. I've had to use a wheelchair for the last 3 years. What do you think about having a section for homeboun/bedbound sufferers?
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Soul* likes this.