WHAT DOCS ARE USING NEXAVIR and where are they?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by terrilynnb, Feb 16, 2007.

1. terrilynnb

terrilynnb New Member

I know that Cheney is using Nexavir, but where are the other docs who are prescribing it? I found that the docs who don't know about it are not willing to just read up on it and prescribe it. I am willing to travel but wonder where they are?? Has anyone heard anymore about the CFS research clinic that was suppposed to open near Taho?? Is Dr Peterson connected with it and has anyone seen him??
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Maybe ask CherylSue how she got her doctor to prescribe it? She just started on the gel.

Best, Lisa
  3. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I was able to find one locally just before my relapse. It helped that I also have a CFS doc in Chicago. They spoke together on the phone. If you find a CFS doc who prescribes it, then your local doc can take over from there. You might want to check in ProHealth's recommended list.

Dr. Conley in Flint, Michigan, Dr. Teitelbaum, Dr DeMeirleir, Dr. Guyer in Indianapolis, & Dr. Enlander in New York are some of the doctors who prescibe it. I suspect the FFC's will soon be using it. You could call them. They have a website.

Nexavir works for some very well, and for others it does not. It depends on what your problems are.

Good luck!

CherylSue
  4. ask2266

ask2266 Member

What problems/viruses does Nexavir work on?
  5. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

What is Nexavir? and what is it used for? I did a google search and it didn't reveal what it is used for.
  6. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

There are some good threads on this board. Also, look under kutapressin which is the forerunner of Nexavir. In vitro, Nexavir kills the entire herpes spectrum. It is used for CFS, FM, and autism patients with some success. It works for some and not for others. It is like a weak form of Ampligen.

CherylSue
    [This Message was Edited on 02/18/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/18/2007]