What does a hot flash feel like?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Princessraye, May 31, 2003.

1. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I sometimes get these sweeping heat things that start at mid back and go up in my scalp. Then get a little chill.
    Does anyone think these are hot flashes or just something with this DD? I am 45
    Do you feel nauseous ? (sp)
    Thanks!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2003]
  2. Mumu

Mumu New Member

Hot flashes are usually from the chest up, although they can be all over. I usually break out in a sweat and end up feeling chilly afterward.
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

No doubt they are hot flashes and from peri-menopause which for some of us, starts in our 30's. I'm 52, and had my first "flashes'" about 4 months ago. I would have around 3 an hour, every hour of the day. They start as a nice glowing feeling and then peak and I start to sweat a little. They seem to last less than a minute. Sometimes I get the chills afterwards. I only had the flashes for about a month and they stopped, but I imagine they'll be back!

Marilyn :)
  4. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I have been in so much worse shape these past few months. If it is peri menopause then maybe there is something the Dr. can suggest to help me with in this situation and that may be the reason I have been so much worse.
    Just recently moved and need to find a new gyno!
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

I'd become perimenopausal because I've had hot flushes and night sweats for over 22 years. Mine are just as the others describe though occassionally it feels like my whole body. Someone who's had CFS for decades, and is now 67, still gets hot flashes and night sweats.

When these get worse I ensure I increase my water intake.

Cheers

Tansy
  6. kinkypinky23

kinkypinky23 New Member

from flashes from my chest upwards but instead of getting a hot flash i get a chill is this the same thing.