What Does Anxiety Feel Like To You?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marta608, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Marta608

Marta608 Member

In a series of recent emails a friend who also has CFS and I were talking about anxiety. She mentioned that anxiety to her meant that she felt easily startled, what I would call jumpy. When I'm feeling especially anxious I'm jumpy too but my most dominent sensation is one of fear (of what I don't know). I'd never considered that anxiety has different meanings to different people.

What about the rest of you?

Marta
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I just ran across a post about this from yesterday. It lists all the symptoms people have had and can have. I too get anxiety attacks. It was nice to read everyones comments on it. I have really been struggling with my anxiety for the last few weeks and it helped to know that I am not alone and it made me feel less crazy :)

If you go in the topic search it was posted yesterday and what I came up with in the search was the heading below. If you type that in it should come up.

StephieBee - Panic / Anxiety Attacks
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thanks for the tip - I missed that post. I'll check it out right now.

Oops! Misspelled your "name". Made me anxious! lol
    Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 09/19/2006]
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Oh my!

My chest feels really tight and I start breathing in short pants like I have run a marathon.

I feel like I am going to break into tears, my stomach is in knots and I feel nauseous. Ever muscle in my body is tense.

I feel a instant flush all over like I am overheated or embarrassed.

It is like a wave of emotions flowing over me, almost like you are under attack.

You can't process them the emotions fast enough and all at once.

I guess overwhelmed feeling is the best word for me. I just want to run and hide.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)

5. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Just incase you didnt find the post...click on my name to the left and you will find that topic heading.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

StephieBee, I found your post and replied to it. Sorry I missed it the first time around.

This is very interesting. I see I am majorly anxious but it's what I've felt like all my life plus the inability to exercise. One doctor I saw who didn't buy CFS said she thought I had an anxiety disorder but couldn't explain why I have such post-exertional exhausion-I'm-going-to-die reactions.

I call it CFS for lack of a better name. ;>P

Marta
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

its an over load of movements,sound, thoughts raceing and feeling like I'm on a merry go round going really fast and can't get off.I am exhausted but can not slow my thoughts.I also have the terrible fear something is going to happen.
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

I have tight knots in the centre of my chest and just behind my navel. I feel like my insides are being twisted by something in there.

I overreact to sudden sounds, screaming without meaning to. It can be very embarrassing.

I would love to get rid of this awful awful feeling.

Pepper
  9. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

or a sense of dread
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Pepper: If you find something that works, let me know!

Annxyz: Yup! That's it for me too!

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 09/19/2006]
  11. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have anxiety 24/7 and many symptoms at different times..My number one is FEAR, feeling of being so scared... Doom and Gloom..Also can't handle death, funerals, etc...

Number two is the weird feeling I get in my head..Then the scared feeling of what is happening to me..

Travel or going places..So scared to get out because of the weird head feeling..and a CFS crash..

The CFS is bad then add anxiety to it...How I hate it..

Can not take AD's but do take xanax..Get to feeling some better lower dose and back to sq. one..So if it wasn't for xanax I would not be functional..

I am always afraid something bad is going to happen...

God Bless,
    greatgran
  12. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Oddly enough I don't consciously fear bad things happening and am actually quite put out when they do, with great frequency these days. I feel very fatalistic about things that might happen - but I've stopped listening to or watching the news!

It's just this feeling of........anxiety! that follows me around like a shadow. Before either my last cat dying OR my withdrawl from an SSRI that both happened about the same time, I was much more relaxed. And before the SSRI, I was far less anxious yet.

I'm so glad you resumed the Xanax.

Marta