WHAT DOES ANYONE DO WHEN YOU ARE ON TOTAL OVERLOAD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tobyj, Aug 3, 2003.

1. tobyj

tobyj New Member

JUST FOUND OUT MY 90 YEAR OLD MOM HAS A MASS ON HER RIGHT LUNG. PLEASE KEEP HER IN YUOR PRAYERS.WHAT DOES ANY ONE DO WHEN THE FEEL LIKE THERE IS NO FIGHT LEFT IN YOU. PLATE IS TO HEAVY TO HOLD AND A MASSIVE FLARE UP. FIBRO GROG'S REALLY BAD.hAS ANYONE FOUND AN HERB THAT CALMS THEM DOWN. FEEL LIKE I AM AT MY WITS END.
    HUGS TO ALL,
    GERRY
  2. aduck

aduck New Member

at evening/night, i.e. less "crazy" insane feeling in my head, less jittery, breathing more normal, less tired, less pain, etc., so, this may not be possible for you at ALL, but I have no choice....

When I'm in a real real bad flare or "relapse",

I do absolutely NOTHING during the day except rest and watch TV and TINY TINY bit of internet, because the internet makes my mind feel so jittery! Jumping out of my skin and feel "crazy" and anxious, etc.

If I do anything during the morning or afternoon, I pay for it BIG TIME. My symptoms are a little bearable if I DO NOTHING during the morn. and aft., then at night I can do some laundry, wash a few dishes, a little cleaning, etc., take my shower. Whatever HAS to be done, but not doing too much or I'm really ill the next day.

Also, take a nice walk in the evening if possible.

Don't know if this fits you, but it sure helps me. And of course drinking lots of liquids and eating small snacks really often during morning and afternoon. ANd don't talk on the phone hardly during the day works for me.
  3. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Gerry, Hello,I hope you find comfort soon! Jen F ,and a few oyhers have many posts about herbs that WORK.Maybe if you do a search whilw you wait for suggestions you can focus enrgy on search and calm down from overload....What ever you find that works I hope it is soon and wonderful! Good Luck & Peace,ez
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

but when I get overloaded, I retreat to my bedroom with my dog and Seinfeld, Frasier, etc...... This is my ONLY way to mentally and emotionally disconnect long enough to get some badly needed mental and emotional rest. It's like getting recharged, then I'm ready to go back out into the "real" world for some more stress.

Marilyn :)
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry about your Mom and I will keep you both in my prayers.

It seems that it never rains but what it pours. When that happens, I just stop, regroup, and turn things over to God. What else can we do? This allows me to rest and know that everything is as it should be and everything will be OK.

Love, Mikie
  6. healing

healing New Member

you can get through this.

What I do is go sit in my garden and just stare. I find it distracts my mind so my subconscious can do its work and I can find some peace. Prayer helps me, as does talking with understanding and compassionate friends. Tears help, too.

The best thing about bad times (if there is one) is that they do not last forever. If you can hold this thought and live one day at a time, it will help you get through this.
  7. bakron

bakron New Member

Go to the "Message Boards" and to "Worship." You will find many there who will support you and your Mother in prayer.

When I'm on "overload," my faith is all that gets me through. I give all my burdens to Him, and my body sleeps while I "heal." I always have to "just let go and let God."
  8. Kim

Kim New Member

I'm in that spot right now and that's what I'm doing.

kim
  9. lmn

lmn New Member

So sorry to hear about your mom, I will keep her in my prayers.
    As far as meltdown goes, I go into my room, shut the door, and lie down. Just closing my eyes in a quiet, comfortable environment helps me to relax, and reload.
    Take care,
    lmn
  10. little

little Member

I am sending my prayers and I will keep you in my thoughts. Don't forget to take care of your self. Try not to over do anything. Valarian Root is suppose to be like Valium. You can get it in a tea. Also a nice warm bath is very relaxing and comforting. You can have a few mintues to yourself to regroup. Take care Gerry. Gail