What Does CFS Rash Look Like?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Apr 20, 2009.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

I have had CFS for almost 20 years but I have just recently started developing rashes on my body. They kind of look and feel like a brush burn type rash but I haven't done anything to cause it. The first one appeared on my leg, was right in the fold behind my knee, was very painful, burning, itching, and scaly. That one went away and now I have one on the back side of my upper arm. It is painful and burning - no itching or scaling yet. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
  2. panthere

panthere Member

I had a rash couple of years back right before my problems started. I later found out it was caused by parvovirus. Did you check for that?
  3. Willow9

Willow9 New Member

Sorry to answer your question with a question but anyone with information about a rash please post. I will also do a search on these boards. I got an all over body rash last week, then had a fibro "flare-up" and now am so tired I have been off work for 2 days (sleeping appprox. 18 hours each day). I am still exhausted. Never had fatigue like this before... Any ideas to get past the "fog"?
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Never heard of a CFS rash. I've had the DD for 29 years. Hope there isn't yet
    another symptom lurking.

I suppose you've already tried the usual home remedies and over the counter
    stuff. Hope you get some relief.

5. Lillie17

Lillie17 New Member

Yes, srobin, what you describe is very, very similar to something I've had. I've not had the rash on the back of the knees, but periodically I will get a burning hurting rash on my right upper, outer arm. Mine does itch a bit though. And it is hot to the touch.

The weird thing about it is that it tends to move, kind of progressing up or down while staying about the same size. My husband said it looked like a colony, which it could be since I have a couple of re-activated virus. I don't do anything about it, just let it be and it eventually goes away.

Nothing surprises me anymore with this illness.

[This Message was Edited on 04/21/2009]
  6. 3gs

3gs New Member

Psoriasis? I have this and my daughter missed a half year of school with this. Sounds like what she said it felt like.

I keep getting a rash on face(looks like butterfly rash of lupus).

7. znewby

znewby Member

Colleague of mine with cfs had a rash. They were red circles with white centers here and there on her body. i can't recall exactly but think they were about an inch wide. I wondered after that if that could be a sign of lyme.
  8. znewby

znewby Member

The circular rash came up years after she came down with cfs and also there were a number of them on her body. They were distinctly white in the center. Could that still be lyme?
  9. outofstep

outofstep Member

is how I've heard it described-I get it on my neck and it's itchy and is actually the one thing that non-CFS-believing drs have noticed and believe is a symptoms of something...