What does everyone do for tender point pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TracyV, Aug 27, 2002.

1. TracyV

TracyV New Member

I'm having so much tender point pain lately. I was wondering if anyone had any advice to help out with the pain. I have gotten shots of Liocaine they only work for a couple of days. I have found that streaching the muscle with tender spot helps some what.
    Thanks,
    Tracy
  2. TracyV

TracyV New Member

I'm having so much tender point pain lately. I was wondering if anyone had any advice to help out with the pain. I have gotten shots of Liocaine they only work for a couple of days. I have found that streaching the muscle with tender spot helps some what.
    Thanks,
    Tracy
  3. SaraD

SaraD New Member

Hi Tracy, I find if your really lucky and can have someone dig right into those points and knots and just put pressure until the tears come, it's worth it, dig right in there! I also know there are plenty of things on the market, I have a cain type thing I share with my mother that you can control that has a knobby thing on the end and you can work them out without aggravating your hands on top of the rest of your pain. I do have a mucle balm that works well, by Tom's of Maine, all natural, certainly clears up your sinuses as well. Seems to take a few minutes for me but once the burning kicks in and feels good believe it or not!
    Good luck and God Bless!
    Sarad
  4. majic

majic New Member

i use a ball from wal-mart. i have diffrent size for diffrent parts of the body. if i can stand where the pain is i put the ball on the wall and just gently roll around and as i go i apply more pressure. if i can't stand i lay my ball on the floor and roll around on it. after i do this i get in a tub of warm water and soak with lavender oil. if i'm still in pain after this i then take a percocet and go to bed. majic
  5. homeskillet19

homeskillet19 New Member

Hi , sorry you are having so much pain!!!!!
    hot baths are good and put 2 cups of epsom salt in your bath, the epsom salt is magnesium, it helps relax the muscles, then once a week I put 3 small bottles of hrdrogen peroxide in the water(plus the epsom salt) when your pours open up it puts oxygen back into your body, but soak for 20 minutes no longer and you will be so relaxed , get help to get out of the tub because your legs will be soooooo relaxed
    I find it a good idea to get help out of the tub everytime, then I dont do damage to the muscles in my arms and on my side, I mean I just tried to relax the muscles then I turn around and put alot of pressure back on them getting out.
    Also get you one of those floatie noodles that you can buy at walmart, k-mart or any department store and cut it to the width of your tub, it makes a great pillow for the tub, you can put it in the water and it will just float your head.
    okay after all of that get your hubby, boyfriend, friend,balls that was suggested earlier and push those trigger pointsbut hold it for at least a minute, two is better and when you do the balls I find I have to hold it for 5 minutes or so, I usually lay on them on the ground also and my hubby rubs me out every nighthe will do the trigger point release therapy then he will rub it out and when you feel you have gotten the trp to release then try some stretching, do it slow and when you feel it starting to pull then dont try to stretch any further, it will only aggravate the trp and muscle more.
    find a good rub for yourself, we all have our favorites, I like super blue stuff and mineral ice, mineral ice you can get at the drug store and it is inexspensive, but you will have to do what we all did sorry to say, do trial and error to find the best one.
    make sure you are getting good stage four sleep, I take melatonin at night and it has done wonders for me, for the last 6 months, I also gave some to my hubby he snores so bad and he always woke up tired, i so went hmmmmmmmm and gave him some and this life time snorer has not done it one time for 3 weeks nowLOL
    talk with your doctor about you taking vitamins, the right ones can help your muscles by strengthing them and giving them a natural relaxant.
    I hope some of this works for you and like I said I am sorry you are hurting so bad!!!!
    Your friend,
    Denise

6. G

G New Member

I like to use arnika sports massage creme or the arnika gel for those when they are really acting up. It is also good for sharp shooting pain and muscle spasms. You can get these at an health store.

It's really good for these.

G