What does everyone take for carpal tunnel pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RedB, Feb 27, 2003.

1. RedB

RedB New Member

And, why don't they just fix out carpal tunnel right away, so that we would have one less pain to worry about?

Kathy
  2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I had all the symptoms for Carpel-tunnel and was referred to the surgeon but I said NO! I wore a hard brace to sleep in and a soft brace during the day. After a year or so of doing this the symptoms merged with the FMS/osteo and today I have no specific signs of CT.

My daughter, who is a stylist, had the surgery and she said it fixed her right up! CactusLil'
  3. fuzzy14

fuzzy14 New Member

Try taking the double recomended dosage of calcicum daily u should feel a lot better in a week.
    If not check with your Doc. u may not be absorbing it.

fuzzy
  4. barbarann

barbarann New Member

I had surgery for carpal tunnel on my left wrist Dec. 16,2002. I will have my right wrist done on March18. I had a EMG test they said there was no nerve signals to my hands. They did first surgery about two weeks from test. My doctor will only do one wrist at a time. The first wrist must be well on it's way to healing before he does second. I think the surgery is wonderful. I take neurontin for the pain while I am waiting and it works very good for that. I only wish there was that good of a way to take care of the rest of the problems. I am thankful at least for two less problems to worry about. Hope you get as good results as I did. Barbarann